“Consistently good ramen”

Ranked #1,235 of 15,357 Restaurants in Kyoto
Neighbourhood: Shimogyo-ku
Neighbourhood: Shimogyo-ku
Reviewed 2 December 2016

Came to Kyoto 2nd time this year and tried their ramen again. Opting for the dark soy sauce based ramen, and it was really good. good depth flavour but yet not salty.

They have paper apron which is very convenient to prevent any spillage onto your shirt.

Reviewed 8 April 2016

Good lunch combo with both ramen and rice. Really tasty! Selected the dan dan men and it was delicious with enough spice.

There are aprons in case any of the sauce spill to your shirt.

Reviewed 23 March 2016

This ramen shop is part of the "Ramen Koji" (Ramen street) located on the 10th floor of the shopping area within the Kyoto train station. The "street" consists of 8 different ramen shops, each a unique represantation of 8 famous ramen restaurants from different parts of Japan. We chose the Menya Iroha on a weekday night on a whim, and it proved to be perfect. There is an ordering machine (also available in English for tourists), the staff was quick and friendly (although not particularly happy with us tourists snapping photos of the place) and the food was excellent and reasonably priced. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 13 May 2015

This was my 2nd visit to the restaurant. It was located on the 10th floor of JR Isetan Kyoto. There were many ramen restaurant for us to choose. Chose this because the other ramen were abit too oily for my mom and aunt. I didn't want anyone to have high blood pressure after having a meal. So, I picked this Menya Iroha who came from the Toyama prefecture with their black soy based ramen. The moms praised that this was the best ramen that they had all throughout the trip. I liked it very much as well because of the black pepper that they sprinkled on top of it. Thanks to the cracked black pepper corn, the soup has a more distinctive flavour. They have other option as well. They have white shrimp ramen with salt based soup. I have never try it before so I have no idea how does it taste like. Maybe I will try it the next time I visit Kyoto.

Like most of the ramen shop, you have to buy meal ticket first before you queue up (if there is a queue).. There is a ticket machine outside the restaurant, just insert your money and choose your ramen, with egg or without. I don't really remember well, but I think there's only Japanese wording on it. But there was small ramen photos on it, so all you need to do is just choose according to the photos.

Reviewed 25 October 2013

i don’t take ramen much in singapore. think they are very ex like S$14++.

during my recent tateyama alpine route trip, i had ramen at the ramen village (拉麺小路) at level 10 kyoto station on 9.10.2013, the day i arrived at kyoto. there were like 15 stallsto choose from & we shared a 800yen (S$9++) at toyama black (富山ブラック) stall by menya iroha.

the ramen & broth were excellent very tasty! & so was the chashu & the egg which was tasty even though the yolk was not runny (didn’t have to!). still my personal favourite ramen was a stall at dotombori in osaka that served a 10″ softbone, i being the cannibal.