All reviewsgarden viewvegetarian mealsukiyaki dinnerjapanese breakfastkeage subway stationapple tvkoi pondphilosophers pathtraditional japanese experiencejapanese gardenphilosopher's walkpublic bathold wingtofunice staysushihot bath
Reviewed 13 February 2018

I stayed there 18th-22nd November last year, a single female traveller first time in Kyoto, the hotel was superb, very welcoming, excellent room and the hot tub in my room was superb, the location was excellent for local sightseeing, the restaurant and food was delicious, the evening meal had to be taken between 5.30 and 7.30 and a time had to be booked in advance, Tomoko was the lady that looked after me at dinner and explained the meals and procedure and was very helpful, in particular I must praise a young lady working on reception Kayuko Hattori was exceptionally helpful and her english was super and her helpfulness really enhanced the quality of my time in Kyoto. I have no hesitation in recommending the hotel to other travellers.

Room Tip: my room with my own hot tub was superb
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank trudi300
Reviewed 6 February 2018

The food was good, and room is spacious but a bit old. We like the private onsen tub in our bath room but the public bath is a bit too small and it’s indoor not outdoor. I appreciated the massage chairs at the common area though.

Overall we had a nice stay there but not gonna spend JPY140K on this room again.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 February 2018

My daughter and my stay was fantastic, the staff were so lovely and very helpful, we loved our room and were really comfortable, while the main part of the ryokan is a little worn to us it just added to the whole experience. The location was very close to the subway which worked perfectly for us as we were travelling everywhere by train or subway. The area is just beautiful. We would definitely stay there again.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 January 2018

Access to the property was surprisingly easy. A couple of mins walk from the station, and right at the door steps of a few attractions. It felt like we stepped back in time when we arrived. The property was beautifully maintained and service was impeccable. Thanks for having us!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 January 2018

I would say my experience here was wonderful! I love the private onsen in the room, the room facilities and the decoration. The staff was nice to us with fluent English. The food was great and so yummy. I wish I can stay here longer

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple