New Miyako Hotel
USD 158*
USD 138*
  • Restaurant
Kyoto Itoya Hotel(Kyoto)(Great Value!)
USD 119*
USD 109*
USD 326*
USD 86*
USD 174*
USD 113*
CrownePlaza.com
Ibis Styles Kyoto Station(Kyoto)(Great Value!)
USD 125*
USD 133*
USD 87*
USD 424*
2,348 results
All reviewstrain stationsouth wingaeon mallpremier floorbusy hotellarge hotelgood sizeexcellent locationmain buildingconvenient locationkansai airporthotel is locatedjapanese hotelstriple roomdepartment storeyour luggagestayed nights
Reviewed 16 April 2018 via mobile

I’m not quite sure how to rate this hotel. For me it was a 2/5 but I’m giving it 3/5 because objectively it was fine. On the one hand, it was completely fine for somewhere to sleep, the rooms were adequate and it has a convenient location across the road from the main train station, which is particularly handy if you’re using Kyoto as a base for day trips. On the other hand, it was large, catered to big tour groups (very busy lobby), had no character at all, and if I came back I’d actually stay somewhere closer to the tourist sites (maybe north east of here) rather than the station.

The room itself was comfortable, a bit tired but okay for what I needed as the only time I spent at the hotel was to sleep. Bathroom was a bit odd as it was like they’d chucked a bathroom container in the bedroom which you had to step up to, but the shower and amenities were good.

This hotel would suit those on a group tour or who like big western style hotels close to the station. If I came back, I’d stay at a smaller local place closer to the main sites.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Clairabelles
Reviewed 16 April 2018

A clean hotel Kyoto station with a lot of eatery just opposite the hotel. There a convenience shop nearby. a popular hotel with tourist and local. but most probability will try other hotel if I visit Kyoto again.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 April 2018

The location of this hotel is a big plus. It is just up the street from the train station. It is a modern hotel very much what Americans, like my wife and I, would expect. There is a mall across the street and there are many shops, bars and restaurants in the area. If you plan to have breakfast at the hotel, get there early.

Room Tip: Be sure to tell them you want a nonsmoking room.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 April 2018 via mobile

I stayed at New Miyako after reading a review on TripAdvisor. I loved the service at this hotel but most of all I loved the location. It was right across the street from Kyoto Station which made it very convenient especially after the long days of walking. The room itself was a good size. Not cramped. However that bed was super hard. Felt like I was sleeping on the floor.
As a side note the staff I encountered spoke English so this made things much easier for me.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 April 2018

The New Miyako is a large hotel that caters to tour buses. Many sunrise tours leave from this location Sunrise tours are average at best. The hotel is very busy with large groups always in the lobby. One tower is in need of renovation. My room smelled and the bathroom was terrible. I requested to be moved the next morning and the staff was very accommodating. My room in the other tower was newer. Renovated and comfortable. The staff was always very helpful. The concierge went above to find me a private tour guide at the last moment as I was so disappointed in the sunrise tours. Location is good across from the train station If you don’t mind large tourist hotels then this hotel could be ok for you. I did not prefer it, other than the experience with staff. Staff was very helpful.

Room Tip: Book a room in the renovated tower
Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends