2 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in great prices from these sites
PricelineUSD 191
Trip.comUSD 162
FindHotelUSD 192
Hotels.com
Travelocity
All reviews subway line hotel restaurants breakfast buffet including breakfast japanese standards spacious room conference station
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 October 2019

Stayed here for 2 nights on business. We were upgraded to a suite and it was huge especially for Japan. The location is quite and not close to the city centre, about 15 minutes in a Taxi. Great place to stay if you want a little bit of piece and quite while staying in Kyoto. Breakfast was good however they had 2 breakfast rooms and one of them did not have any windows for natural sunlight so it was a bit uncomfortable.

Date of stay: October 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank PaulPSydney
Reviewed 9 October 2019

Hotel next to the nature and hiking areas. Breakfast is both western and Japanese style, which is very good - you get both at the same hotel. Early morning gives best possibility to eat breakfast in peace.

Room tip: View to the forest
Date of stay: October 2019
2  Thank Keijo S
Reviewed 25 September 2019

This was our 2nd hotel on our tour and we were just so pleased with our room and the granular of the hotel. The room itself was huge something we weren't expecting, 2 large single beds, a lounge area, good size bathroom with a bath which was a nice touch. There is no safe in the room and the hotel has 3 restaurants but they are expensive. We purchased our food and drinks prior to arriving so we didn't eat at the hotel restaurants. We managed to get a seat at the bar at happy hour and enjoyed our drinks after a long day travelling and sight seeing.
Breakfast had everything that you could possibly need, a mixture of Japanese and western food.
The grounds are really beautifully kept as is the hotel its self. We has a very relaxing comfortable stay. For readers who haven't been to Japan there are usually only 2 news channels and of the 12 hotels we stayed in very few had any English TV channels at all.

Date of stay: August 2019
2  Thank BendigoVic
Reviewed 18 September 2019 via mobile

I stayed at Grand Prince Hotel Kyoto for four nights in early September 2019. Checkin was smooth but I was not happy with the room on the second floor—outside the window was a raised-level lawn, which meant that I would literally be sleeping on the street level. I didn’t feel comfortable. After some discussion, I agreed to pay an extra 5,000 yen per night (from my own pocket), just for some peace of mind. I ended up picking the 7th floor instead of the 8th (the top floor), for a better view of the mountain. I was not disappointed.

My room on the Deluxe Floor provided Lounge Access, meaning that I could go to the lounge for a drink or some snacks between 8am and 9pm everyday. While the choices of food and drinks were extremely limited, the ambience was nice and I loved the serene Japanese garden view outside the lounge. Service was quite very friendly, too.

My room was spacious and well maintained. Bathroom amenities were replenished daily. The towels could be softer and fluffier, though. The first night there I noticed some funny smell in the bathroom, coming from the shower curtain. The next morning while asking for directions from the concierge, I mentioned the smell when asked how my first night there had been, the lady was very apologetic and handled that for me right away. Very nice indeed.

For those who wish to buy souvenirs but do not have the time to travel to the city center, there is a small souvenir shop in the hotel, offering Japanese-made items and food at a reasonable price level. They don’t do tax refund, though.

Overall, I liked Grand Prince Hotel Kyoto enough to be back, especially if I am to attend events at the international conference center across the hotel (less than 10min away).

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank SoccerKids
Reviewed 9 September 2019

I should have stayed at the Hyatt, but wanted to be near the conference venue. This hotel has really zero amenities and staff do not speak English for the greater part. From the room size (I want whomever did the glamour photos of the rooms to take mine) which were smaller and with zero amenities save for a mini, mini fridge. No shower really, space not luxury for the price paid. I booked through Travelocity so I didn't pay 3x room price that other conference goers did through Nippon Travel Services associated with the International Museum conference. All television in rooms was only Japanese, save for the one voice of america english teaching program--which obviously no one watched. Hotel kept hot and muggy-very uncomfortable. The ridiculous lounge was a joke! At the height of the evening they would put out one four inch round of brie and about 8 saltine crackers. Nothing else except for some tiny pretzel things. No alcohol unless you wanted cheap Chilean red or white. I asked for prosecco and they told me they were suddenly "out" host watches all like a hawk. After I insisted, they "found" a bottle I have never been in a lounge with zero business services, zero food and such lousy management of attitudes. I could not believe that the so called lounge closed at 9pm How the host could claim that he expected maybe two to four people in the lounge belies the fact that the hotel was supposedly "sold out" Breakfast was dismal- no omelets, mostly cheap smelly fish, puddings and a croissant. Even though most guests were western, they tend to just put out little bits of Asian food. This is NOT the quality I expected in an expensive international conference hotel. no hotel shuttle to airport, no pool, no gym, no happy hour, nada. no services. It would have been nice if they shuttled people down the street and across to the conference center since it was highly hot and highly humid---but no one bothered. I was made to rent a double room when all I wanted was a single--and they had them but not for conference folks. It was flat out a horrid experience!

Room tip: Go to the Hyatt instead.
Date of stay: September 2019