New Miyako Hotel(Minami)(Great Value!)
USD 157
USD 106
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 130/night.

Free cancellation until 01/08
USD 208
USD 117
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 143/night.

Ibis Styles Kyoto Station(Kyoto)(Great Value!)
USD 155
USD 122
USD 194
USD 105
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 140/night.

Citadines Karasuma-Gojo Kyoto(Kyoto)(Great Value!)
USD 149
USD 101
Agoda.com
Kyoto Itoya Hotel(Kyoto)(Great Value!)
USD 134
Hotels.com
USD 413
USD 233
  • Pool
All reviewsshijo omiyabento boxbento breakfastpublic bathjapanese styletrain stationevery morningchange trainshot bathricerestaurants and convenience storesbreakfast was includedtaxi costhankyu linesmall tublarge tvhotel amenities
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Once again, I had the task of finding lodging for 10 people (2 families of 5) which is near impossible in Japan. I came across this place on Bookings.com for a decent price. We were coming from Karaksa Hotel Osaka Namba (gave us two connecting rooms per family). I knew that his would be more of a japan style lodging (sleeping on the floor with futon mats) that included breakfast bento boxes.
Location/HOtel: LIke i had mentioned before, location is hard to gauge until you get there. This hotel was located near train stop and bus stops. The thing about Kyoto is that there are trains that go east and west, but not a lot that go north and south. So this location was a really nice place located 2 stops from Nishiki market and Gion. But it was a tad complicated to get to Kyoto station and The Golden Pavilion. About a 30 min train ride to the Bamboo Forest. I actually liked the location. There were a few dining options nearby but we didn't utilize it. There was as family mart/7-Eleven on the corner. The hotel is a 10 story building. It had a small lobby with chairs to relax in. The elevators were small.
Service: Check in was easy. Front desk had people that spoke fair english. They were also great in helping us ship our luggage to our next location. I appreciate their breakfast service. You choose a time slot and breakfast is delivered to your room. I also appreciate the abundance of info that is posted in the lobby (including directions to get to popular areas, restaurant guides, etc). Place was fairly well kept overall.
Room: The room was a lot smaller than expected and we got the largest room. when you enter, there are 2 futons and a coffee table set up. However, we converted the room to have 5 beds and shoved the coffee table to one side. That didn't really leave much room to sit. I think this set up is perfect for a 1-2 night stay, especially if you are out and about all day. We were hardly in the room and utilized it only to sleep. There were not as many plugs for charging. There was a closet that had a safe. There were robes, PJs, and slippers for use. Bathroom had a small tub, toilet, and sink. PLenty of amenities. I missed the separate toilet that we had at the prev hotel. I didn't not take a shower in the room and utilized the public bathhouse for that. I don't like sleeping on the floor so it was a tad uncomfortable for me. There is a free standing AC unit. We had no view. The hallway outside is open so we had a nice breeze. Wifi worked well throughout the property. Overall, the hotel was pretty quiet.
Hotel Amenities: The Bathhouse was a cool option. But it did get crowded during the peak times. I also went late at night and then again in the early mornings. They allow children to go. I took all of my showers there. IT was just convenient. There is one pool in the male area. The breakfast bento boxes were different each morning. they also come with 1 can of green tea. I think I may have gotten tired of it if I stayed longer. Very simple boxes. There is no fitness room.

I think this is a great value lodging for families that don't mind sleeping on the floor. It wasn't the most comfortable, but the location was pretty good.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Saysum
ヴィラージュ京都, 支配人 at Village Kyoto, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2018

Thank you for staying with us Village Kyoto.
We are grad to hear that you were satisfied with especially location. Hope that you had a great time and experienced Japanese-Ryokan-like style with us in Kyoto. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 15 February 2018

The hotel is very well located, approx. a 2 minute walk from Omiya station; besides that, there are plenty of stores (Daiso), “kombinis” (7 eleven) and restaurants within the area.

The hotel’s facilities are pretty great; they offer their guests a public “onsen”/hot bath (for both men and women - separated). I have been before many times in an “onsen” and I always love it.

Breakfast was included in our package, and it was delivered to our room (clients can decide the timeframe they would like to have their bento box delivered to their room) - that was quite handy!
The breakfast bento box changes, so their flavour varies - in my opinion it tasted alright, not delicious but not bad either!

The room was amazing! We got ourselves a room with the capacity for 6 people, we were in 4 - pretty spacious.
The room is Japanese styled, it offers a flat screen TV, a kettle, microwave, minibar, 6 futon beds (we have to make the beds ourselves, but they do handle us instructions and it is pretty straightforward to make the futon beds anyway), among other amenities.
The bathroom was very nice and private, it has a sink (they offer toothbrushes, hairdryer, razors), separated from the toilet seat, and a bathtub + shower in the other room still within the bathroom area.

Staff were superb, they were super nice to us, not all of them were able to speak English but that was not an issue!
I must acknowledge their competence as I asked the receptionist to call us a cab on our way out (we are used to staying at hotels that usually ring cabs), but she actually went out on the street to literally get us a cab - which was really nice of her she could have just told us that she didn’t have a cab company's number.

Overall I am very very pleased with this hotel; the service provided exceeded our expectations and for the price we paid for this hotel - it was very worth it. I’d like to highly recommend it, cause I get the chance, I would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Tiemileal
ヴィラージュ京都, 支配人 at Village Kyoto, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2018

Thank you for staying with us Village Kyoto and giving us reviews as well.

We are happy to hear that you were satisfied and would like to stay again if you have chance to come to Kyoto.
We hope you had a great travel of Kyoto with us and experienced Japanese room, onsen and boxed breakfast.
Looking forward to seeing you again with your next journey.

Village Kyoto Manager

Reviewed 16 January 2018 via mobile

Friendly bilingual staff who conducted one of the fastest check-ins I've experienced which as great after a long days travel!

The room is quite large which is a rarity for Japan and it had all the usual amenities. (Though oddly despite a multitude of disposable razor blades there was no shaving foam). I was pleasantly surprised to find the bathroom, though relatively small, was not a 'unit bath' as is so common in Japan. The shower had good water pressure but the bath, being typically Japanese, was small so don't expect to stretch out in it.

The room had a very(!) large tv, a microwave, large fridge, air purifier, and the obligatory hairdryer.
As you may probably already know this hotel (at least the rooms I saw advertised online) offers a bit of a 'Japanese experience' which is fitting for Kyoto.
Rather than a regular bed it offers futons to sleep on. I sleep on a regular bed at home and have no issues with futons but be aware they aren't as soft as beds so this may not be your thing.

Pro tip: there's a lot of spare futons (and pillows/duvets) in the closet so I recommend putting a futon down on top of another for a more comfortable sleep.
So a Japanese futon sounds experience sounds fun right? Well, it is, but consider the fact they (and the pillows/duvets) aren't washed regularly and it'll spoil the party. Yes, none of the bedding had that fresh hotel smell to them which. In fact they smelt distinctly 'used' to the point I had to wrap a towel around my pillow to mask the 'lived in' smell.

The hotel is quite centrally located just seconds away from Omiya Station. If you're coming from Osaka the station is on that line (Hankyu Kyoto Line) but if you're arriving (from Tokyo) at Kyoto Station take the Karasuma Line two stops north to Karasuma then change trains to Omiya for just one stop.

There's a convenience just store across the road and if you're a smoker an ashtray just near the entrance to the hotel.

The staff I dealt with were very friendly and as it's Kyoto more than used to non-Japanese speaking guests.
The free wifi was fast and with a strong/stable connection which downloaded podcast and app updates quickly.

At ¥4,500 ($40 USD) it was well worth the stay.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank ktari3
ヴィラージュ京都, 支配人 at Village Kyoto, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2018

Thank you for staying with us Village Kyoto and giving us your reviews as well.

We are happy to hear that you were satisfied over all. Hope that you had a great travel of Kyoto with us for this time. Looking forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 10 January 2018

Very nice and clean hotel in Kyoto. Complete Japanese experience with Japanese style rooms and onsen (Japanese bathing style). Near bus, metro, and tramway stations for easy access to touristic points of Kyoto.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
ヴィラージュ京都, 支配人 at Village Kyoto, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2018

Thank you for staying with us Village Kyoto and giving us reviews as well.

We are grad to hear that you were satisfied. Hope that you had great experiences in Kyoto with us. We look forward to seeing you again. Village Kyoto Manager

Reviewed 27 December 2017

November is the high season in Kyoto, especially for red leaves, therefore, hotel rate in Kyoto is high.
Per my past experience at Hotel Villa Fontaine in Tokyo area, this time, i booked the room at their Kyoto property.
We booked the family room (43 sq m) and with the futon and set up the sofa beds, it's still good enough for 4 persons to stay in the same room.
Hotel also offered the hot bath, and you can experience the hot bath in Japan.

Special thing is their breakfast, instead of having breakfast in a restaurant, hotel offers the 'bento style' (in a box) breakfast, you can select the time when you want the hotel staff to deliver the 'bento' to you in the morning.
It's also another kind of experience.

Hotel location is also good, and convenient.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
ヴィラージュ京都, 支配人 at Village Kyoto, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2017

Thank you for staying with us Village Kyoto and giving us reviews as well.
We are happy to hear that you were satisfied. Hope that you had a great time in Kyoto with us. We look forward to seeing you again. Village Kyoto Manager