All reviews easy access jr station old fashion excellent location business trip marais floor japan lobby suite port bath yen train
Reviewed 2 February 2018 via mobile

We stayed 2 weeks in this hotel (half leisure, half business). Overall it’s very good. The staff are nice and helpful - speak some English but not too good. The elevator is fast. The room is clean but quite small (perhaps Japanese standard). AC is weak so it felt like lacking air but you can open the window. I didn’t like the blanket cover (couldn’t sleep for few nights, not sure because of AC, the air, jet lag or the blanket) - cover is thick and not soft. You are particular with the blanket, you might not like this one.

It’s in excellent location. There is an indoor path directly from the hotel to Umie shopping center (where you find good food in the food court and restaurants or in the Aeon supermarket and of course shops to shop).
There is also a direct connection from B1 of the hotel to JR Kobe station, which makes it super easy to go to Kobe center Sanomiya or to Osaka/ Kyoto. You can buy icoca travel card and charge it for the commute easily. The train goes every other minutes to Sanomiya.

We didn’t book the package with breakfast and glad we didn’t. We tried it on the first morning but there is nothing special except the view on 17th floor. There are lots of other better choices around.

There is a cafe on the first floor which offer lunch also. Lunch has salad, small corn soup, main dish and tea (900jpy). I went there few times for lunch and stayed to work after lunch. Good food and not too noisy.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 December 2017

We stayed at the Crown Palais for 3 nights as part of a tour of the Kansai region of Japan. The hotel made us feel very welcome, it was well located close to the train station, Harbourland and some good shopping areas. Would certainly consider this hotel should we find ourselves in Kobe once again.

Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 November 2017

This hotel is located right next to Kobe Station and Harborland so people have easy access to the main attractions nearby. The rooms are definitely older, however they are still maintained so everything is working well. The AC was a little weak though. As for the customer service, it was fine and they were able to speak English so there's no problems for tourists. I assume that this hotel is for business trips and short trip tourists and there are much nicer hotels nearby. They also offer breakfast for those who do not want to go out, but there are many food options nearby for those who want to see the views. Overall, a decent hotel with a good location for exploring the nearby sites.

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Jason C
Reviewed 8 September 2017

Stayed for 3 nights, although package did not come with breakfast, but it's ok, there is Lawson nearby.
Hotel is in great location, easy access to Kobe station and few minutes walk to the harborland.
Hotel is very clean and staff are very friendly
The Spa Club... you have to pay to use (it's acceptable). Do not go there with the hotel room robe! Go there fully dressed!
Parking, get your parking ticket stamped at the reception counter before you leave. Hotel will charge you by day
Some good food stalls in Promena, the building opposite the hotel

Date of stay: September 2017
Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

I usually stay at cheaper discount hotels, but all were booked, so I gave the Hotel Crown Palais Kobe a try. It was a little more expensive (about 10,000 yen) a room than what I'm used to paying, but it was well worth it.

To start it off, the staff was super friendly. As soon as I checked in, the reception desk told me the suites were open, so they gave me a free upgrade!!

The room was spacious as a suite would be. The decor was a little old fashioned, but very clean and beautiful. The walls were thick, so I couldn't hear noise outside or to the sides of my room.

On top of that, the hotel is connected to JR Kobe station via an underground shopping mall. Super convenient, especially if it's raining. Convenience store downstairs, and a two huge shopping malls nearby, all connected with roofed walkways.

Port Tower, a nice Ferris Wheel, and breathtaking night views surrounds the area too.

I still love my cheap discount hotels, but I would definitely stay at the Hotel Crown Palais Kobe again!

Date of stay: September 2017