Dormy Inn Sapporo Annex
USD 98*
USD 202*
USD 150*
  • Restaurant
Hotel Mystays Sapporo Nakajima Park(Sapporo)(Great Value!)
USD 103*
Rakuten Travel
USD 252*
USD 164*
  • Restaurant
Sapporo Prince Hotel(Sapporo)(Great Value!)
USD 664*
USD 166*
JAPANiCAN.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewspremium hoteltanuki kojiramenshopping streetpublic bathmain shoppingfantastic locationper dayhotel is locatedodori parkfamily martjr stationminute walkarcadesaunadryeronsen
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 September 2010

Though we had the address, we still managed to get lost thanks to the help of many people who didn't know where it was and just kept pointing at a random direction.
Me and my cousin were wandering around Sapporo with our luggage in the bitter cold for more than an hour. We just felt strange that people there, who seemed to live there, didn't know the way around at all! Just a tip I'm throwing out here. DON'T ASK BUSINESS GUYS. I repeat. Don't. Cause even though they don't know what you're asking, they won't admit it. They'll just point you to go somewhere... anywhere.

It is located under some sort of arcade ( They call it that way) It kind of looks like an outdoor mall with a roof. If you're there, you're on the right location. We passed it so many times and yet the people in the arcade didn't seem to know there was a hotel in the same complex.

Anyway got there, exhausted. And went straight up the rooms. The rooms are small, but clean. Bed was ok, though a bit on the small side. As for the bathroom... It's awesome.
For those who want to have a sento (= japanese bath house) experience, might be very very thrilled about this. They have one! If you don't want to do that, there's a private bathroom in your room. Me and my cousin stayed for 2 nights in this hotel and we went to the sento thing every night. It was just pure bliss, after a long day walking and then to soak up in that large tub of hot water. Of course... in the beginning we were kind of embarassed about going all naked in front of everyone ( it's women and men separate, but still!) But after I saw this granny walking in, flailing her clothes off and just walking in like it was the most normal thing to do... I just got over it and walked in without any clothing. Based on what gender you are, you get a code each day that you have to insert to walk into the sento :p Pretty cool eh?

The staff can't really speak good English to be quite honest, but they put up effort in doing so. I've had this crazy thing going that I accidentally pushed a red button. Yeah I know, very cliché, but the thing was that it opened up alllllllllll the windows on the floor. But you see, it was still February and we were there to see the Snow festival. So I was pretty much making the building turn into a big fridge. So I had to walk up to the front desk, trying to explain to them that I had pushed the red button. It took me at least 5 minutes to explain everything and to tell them to close the windows. Haha.
I did try to push it a few more times, hoping that it would close eventually, but they just opened up more and stopped responding in the end.

It's probably a 5-10 minute walk to Odori Park and I would definitely recommend this hotel. Have some good memories about it.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank JK1717
Reviewed 10 February 2010

This is a very good hotel! Nice and clean. The rooms are small and can sometimes be hard to move about in with 2 people (we had a semi double bed), but if you're looking for somewhere reasonably priced and near the Odori Park, transport and shops etc, this is a good choice!

The hot springs were really nice too! free! Plus, you get free internet (cable in the room).

The staff didn't understand much English, which was fine, because they did their best to help regardless.

The location of the hotel is quite central, but you might have a hard time finding the place on your arrival day, because we asked several locals - but they were basically pointing us in random directions (because they really had no idea). But once you get there, you realise it is not that hard to find.

From Odori Stattion, it is in the 6 sector of the arcade (a long line of shops) - I'm sure if you ask locals where the arcade is, they will know. The arcade is overlooked by a big ferris wheel (but I'm not sure if this is a permanent fixture or a temporary one).

I'd stay here again, I thought it was great.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business

An Agoda Traveller
Reviewed 20 October 2009

• Stayed: October 2009
Reviewed 7 August 2009

I first stayed at the Dormy Inn in 2003, stayed a few more times, but this time spent over a week there. Each stay has been good. The rooms are small, but clean, I requested a non-smoking room. Service was good, daily cleaning was good. The counter staff doesn't speak much English, but for information you can ask the tourist offices around town (the one in Sapporo Station is best). The free internet in the room is fast and reliable. There's a laundry room, took some figuring out how to use it cause there's no English on the machines. The location is good, great shopping in the area, and if it's raining you have some good food choices in the same covered block so you won't get wet. Accross the street is a very good Chinese restaurant with excellent dumplings and mapo tofu, there's a popular bar called T2 or something like that,and just down the block is a great Cuban place called Habana.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled solo