All reviews horizon club kerry center central market unforgettable stay craft beer this lovely hotel walking distance own brewery desk staff was great market place buffet spacious lobby west lake definitely stay at this hotel again travel tips huge shopping mall beef noodles hotel management
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The location of the hotel is good and it's much newer than those old hotels. It's next a big shopping mall which you can find lots of restaurants and everything you needed. For travel around, its close to the lake and you can easily walk over to the Lake for leisure walks or even try out the restaurants there.
Price is ok in view of the location and everything but services definitely needs to improve. Buffet breakfast is superb and there are many different choices of food, I would say this is unbeatable.

For services, I was a bit disappointed as I ordered for a simple pack out breakfast as i was on an early flight to leave. But it ened up not preparing anything for me. Hope this can improve and lucky I grab something to eat at the airport. Anyway, not a bad choice.

Room tip: ask for quiet side as the bar downstairs are quite noisy at night.
Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Ruby X, Public Relations Manager at Midtown Shangri-La,Hangzhou, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear adalam2011, thank you for providing insight on your recent experience at Midtown Shangri-La Hangzhou. We are taking your feedback into consideration as we work to continually improve our food and beverage offerings. We work hard to provide our guests with a singular Shangri-La luxury experience in every expects of their stays, and you help us to do just that by sharing your honest feedback with us. I hope you will consider visiting us again.

Reviewed 29 October 2018

I like this hotel. I could see West Lake from the window, the location is good, West Lake in walking distance, but the area is quiet. The breakfast is good. My son like this hotel.
It has a Chengzhong restaurant, pretty good for local food.

Room tip: The higher floors face to West direction help you see West Lake view.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Ruby X, Public Relations Manager at Midtown Shangri-La,Hangzhou, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2018

Dear Qingdao_aborigines, thank you for your recent stay at Midtown Shangri-La Hangzhou. I hope you found a world of style, service and connections during your stay, and that you felt the freedom to truly be yourself when you were with us. Thank you for your business, and I hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 27 October 2018 via mobile

My first visit to Shangri-la n the moment I walked into this hotel a very beautiful sweet lady named Lalita greeted me warmly with a big smile in her face, having many experience staying at different hotels this was the first time I felt the smile was genuine n straight from the heart. She was very pleasant,properly dressed n well groomed with a wonderful fragrance smell.

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Destination560753
Ruby X, Public Relations Manager at Midtown Shangri-La,Hangzhou, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2018

Dear Destination560753, thank you for your recent stay at Midtown Shangri-La, Hangzhou. I hope you found a world of style, service and connections during your stay, and that you felt the freedom to truly be yourself when you were with us. Thank you for your business, and I hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 20 October 2018 via mobile

we liked the hotel. location is fantastic. service however could have been better for a shangri la. i specifically got a horizon room because of the lounge and because we were only staying for 2 nights. the ladies are nice enough and they really try. but they need more training. they dont know enough to be concierges for people who expect better service. e.g. because we were 1 adult and 2 young kids we wanted 2 doubles instead of a king but none were available so we wanted 2 duvets instead of one so that the kids wouldn't fight. that took 3 attempts to get right. once in the morning, and twice i the evening. another example is seeing an irate european lady try to communicate that she wanted a taxi but they could not explain to her that the taxi fare was a certain amount. they really try but it is no up to what u r used to getting at shangrila.
the breakfast is good at the horizon club.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Ruby X, Public Relations Manager at Midtown Shangri-La,Hangzhou, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2018

Dear Janice W,we regret that we were not able to provide you with the quality of service you deserve during your recent stay. We strive for flawless service delivery at our hotel, and we are always looking for ways to ensure that each guest experiences the very best we have to offer. Your feedback will help us to continue to improve our training processes, and we hope you will return to stay with us to experience the results of that work for yourself.

Reviewed 17 October 2018 via mobile

I had a weekend trip with my boyfriend to Hangzhou for a Trail Run event. After all the tiredness I had experienced from the race, we pampered ourselves well in this lovely hotel. I met a staff Alice Tong in the hotel who is also a running fan and participated in the same run who even won the female No.1 trophy. Following her recommendation, I tried the jacuzzi in health club. It is the right comfort I needed after four hours of workouts. Highly recommend their Hangzhou IPO (seasonal signature osmanthus draft beer) from their brewery which reminds me the scent of city in this season. Cheers to friend whom I haven’t met for a while in the evening is surely another highlight of the day! Love the food we had there too. We will return soon!!

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Ruby X, Public Relations Manager at Midtown Shangri-La,Hangzhou, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2018

Dear Lynn Q, thank you for your recent stay at Midtown Shangri-La, Hangzhou. I hope that our inspirational environment and unparalleled serviced helped to create memories that will last long after your time with us concluded. Thank you for your business, and I hope to see you again soon.