“Lovely for business and pleasure”

Hyatt Regency Hangzhou
Ranked #10 of 2,446 Hotels in Hangzhou
Reviewed 26 February 2012

I stayed for two nights in this hotel and I would rate it as one of the best hotels I have stayed in yet. Excellent service and exceptionally comfortable beds. They gave me a complimentary late check out on my last day as my train did not leave until 16.30. The food at the in house Chinese restaurant was also fantastic.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank BeijingFlybygirl

Reviewed 22 February 2012

Perfect location facing the West Lake. Walking distance to all the shops & restaurants, and by taxi to all other sightseeing (5-15 mins drive, no worries the taxi fare is cheap). Starbucks just next to the hotel & perfect for coffee drinker like me.
Staff is very helpful & speck English. That morning before we were leaving to another town nearby Hangzhou, ie Wuzhen, the concierge indeed very helpful by providing us very useful information & guided us to the 'wanted' bus terminal in order for us to get to our next destination (the bus terminal we got from the website was outdated).

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 February 2012

This is a beautiful hotel with a great location right across from West Lake. Easy walking distance to shops & restaurants, including Starbucks & Cartier. The hotel rooms are nice, bathrooms spacious. Staff is attentive and speak Emglish. Hotel restaurants are good but very overpriced! The concierge club has a beautiful room patio view. Workout facility is a little small and equipment dated, but not terrible.

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed 25 January 2012

The hotel has a great location if you want to visit the lake and at the same time be close to city.

This hotel is not a family hotel, the general feeling is that this is more of a business hotel.

The 3 stars is mainly due to the price, it's not worth it.

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed 23 January 2012

I was in Hangzhou for one day only on way back from Yiwu. After going through reviews of at this forum I selected Hyatt and I am glad I made this choice. Its at excellent location, just opposite lake and musical fountain show. After reservation (I did reservation directly at hotel website), they have nice followup, send all required details and even ask for pre check in arrangements.

When I reached hotel, it was raining, but they gave me lake view room, I had excellent view of lake and musical fountain show from the room only. Room was very spacious, toilet also very spacious. Staff is very courteous, very helpful. Due to rain, getting taxi was a tough job but hotel staff put extra efforts to get taxi for the guests.

I took the double room with breakfast package. At breakfast, as I was entitled for two breakfasts, I invited my assistant to join me . While checking out, I was surprised to find that I have been charged for extra breakfast. When I objected, they adjusted some amount but said my package was for one breakfast only (but again I checked their website, package didnt mention that). BUT, on return, when I got surevy email, I mentioned this, and as a pleasant surprise, I got reply from hotel and they have refunded the full amount of breakfast. I am really impressed.
I will definitely stay again in this hotel next time too....

Room Tip: Take lake facing room