“pretty good” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #11 of 2,314 Hotels in Hangzhou
Guilin, China
“pretty good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2012

This was my first stay at the Sofitel Hangzhou Westlake.I had a pretty good stay at this hotel,with impressive lobby and friendly staff at the front desk,they were really very helpful.The hotel is in a great location. You can actually walk to the Westlake.
I will come again once I am in Hangzhou.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SofitelHangzhou, General Manager at Sofitel Hangzhou Westlake, responded to this review, 22 October 2012
Dear Sir/Madam:
We very much appreciate your time to review your stay at the Sofitel Hangzhou Westlake. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.
Your comments concerning the need to renovate the hotel are well understood and indeed the Owner and Sofitel will commence with such a program this year.

Sofitel Hangzhou Westlake

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Asia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2012

I followed the recommendation of Eyewitness guides to book this hotel, which may be for me the only affordable 5 dollar sign recommendation by Eyewitness guides in all of their series. The service and the room were sharp and French thoughtful. All staff are friendly and helpful. But there are only few rooms have a Westlake view. Most of the rooms either face a traffic heavy boulevard, or have views towards local residents' kitchens (no, no shower room view). The hotel should be good for people needing a solid night life activity, as I heard the hotel may be the five star (World standard) hotel that is closest to the bar district in Hangzhou. You may need to taxi to some high end shopping area if you want shopping, since walking other than along the lake side may diminish your happy experience in Hangzhou.

I did not designate an excellent rating was because of the hotel's French restaurant. Their patisserie has much rooms to improve. The Hangzhou cuisine restaurant, however, is superb; with a higher price tag you can eat safely, and save the taxi fare to the famous restaurants in Hangzhou.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2012 via mobile

Stayed at the hotel for 3 nights- near the west lake, cozy room, good service, food good as well. Will be my choice again if got a chance traveling in hangzhou- beautiful city indeed!!

It's kind of old fashioned judging from the look of the building, but really well maintained and provided hotel rooms.

• Stayed July 2012

Guangdong
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2012

actully, this is for my business trip in hangzhou. And i no nothing about this city. My friend recommed this hotel for me. It's very suprised. The location is very good, it's in the center of the city, very near from the High speed train station, and very convenient for my business trip. It's also very near from the West lake. I love the street near by which called Nanshan Road,a lots of coffee shops, art gallery, very romantic. I would like to give a full star for the staff. Very warmlly, friendly, and smart. They care about me, like me feel like they know me before i came here. The food there also very wonderful, everything is perfect for this trip. It's amazing to find a nice place to star my wonderful trip. I will come back again, i love the perfume which seems from the SPA, and i prefre the club Room, very comfortable and considerate.

Room Tip: They told me no lake view when i made a reservation, but it's just 5 minutes to get the West Lak...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business

Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2012

The hotel's located on a nice scenic area of Westlake, with lots of bars, coffee shops and restaurants nearby. And Ferrari, Aston Martin and Porsche dealers too if that's what you fancy. The train station is about a 20 minute walk and the recently refurbished "market" tourist (mainly Chinese) district is within walking distance too. I also walked round to the "dancing waters" area near some of the other western hotels.

The main feature of this hotel though has to be the staff. They all seem proud to work there and offer a really special, friendly and courteous service. The fifth floor Club Lounge is very nice (glad to help with printing boarding cards etc) and the rooms are large and comfortable with a bit of Chinese character.Turn-down service has nice biscuits and the laundry service is quick and efficient, with shirts coming back in a nice wicker box.

This is my second stay here and I find it very civilised and without any real faults.

Room Tip: 5th floor Club upgrade is definitely worth it if you can get it.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business