All reviews east wing classic hotel west lake bit dated horizon lounge china su government westlake lakeside pagoda cab mandarin
Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

We stayed at Shangrila Hotel for one night to discover the city and attend the Impression West Lake show.
The hotel was very comfortable and service was excellent. Stephen Shi is a great concierge and was really helpful and polite.
Shangrila is the place to be in Hangzhou!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
杭州香格里拉饭店, 总经理 at Shangri La Hotel Hangzhou, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2018

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking your time in sharing your kind feedback with us. We are delighted to hear that you have taken the opportunity to stay in our hotel and had a very memorable experience.

We will certainly share this review with all colleagues concerned and look forward to welcoming you back to Shangri-La Hotel Hangzhou soon.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 24 August 2018

It was my first day in Hangzhou and I was walking around West -Lake when I noticed the Shangri-La hotel usually they are very good and there restaurants are among the better once except this one. No Shangri-La experience like Paris or Jakarta or anywhere I have been before.

So I was looking for a restaurant to have lunch so ended up in the Coffee Garden they were doing buffet but since it was already quiet late I asked if I could do a la carte.
No problem at all the waitress spoke very well English to my surprise but better for me.
I ordered Jasmin tea and a Nasi Goreng. The peanut sauce was ice-cold so that could not be fresh the chicken which was on the plate where only bones but no meat the only thing which I could actually eat the 2 pieces of beef sate they were good the rice was also mediocre. Definitely not Shangri-La standard.

So I was out of that place in less then 45 minutes since I didn't eat the dish I had ordered paid and left. Not to return.

They need some serious upgrading on the food as well as the hotel. The place is worn out.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Cheryan

Dear Cheryan,

I would like to thank you for choosing the Shangri-La Hotel Hangzhou, and for sharing with us your experience. I am truly sorry that your stay did not meet our usual high standards. Your constructive comments have been discussed with the team and appropriate actions have been taken to remedy to this kind of situation in future. I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you again should your travels bring you back to Hangzhou.

Reviewed 23 August 2018 via mobile

Reception service here is really unfitting of the Shangri-la brand or 4-5 stars hotel standards. Checking in took extremely Long and staff were not welcoming. When it was time to check out the next morning, there were 3 staff at the reception but only one attending to a quest. A queue formed but the other two avoided even looking at other guests. When a local guest skipped the line to checkout, he was promptly attended to by one of the staff. Naturally those in the queue including me was annoyed. When I asked the staff who subsequently served me why this was so, his non apologetic excuse was that the other computer was down and miraculously worked when the other guest came. He couldn’t answer when I asked when they didn’t serve those in the queue instead. He couldn’t even provide me with a means to provide the feedback. I definitely wouldn’t want to stay in this hotel again.

Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank WeeKiatTan
杭州香格里拉饭店, 总经理 at Shangri La Hotel Hangzhou, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2018

Dear WeeKiatTan,

Reviewed 9 August 2018

I first visited Hangzhou in 1988, I stayed in THIS hotel.It was my first Shangri-La experience and I was so impressed by it I vow to return with my love one someday. And 30 years later, after I have go around the world countless times later, i am back. Back in this Old Grand Dame, which is still as impressive after all those years.

I feel I wa well after as soon as I step inside the hotel. The service is great. They really try to help you in every way. They upgraded me to a room with a good view of the West Lake. They offer us fresh fruits daily. and a birthday cake for my partner. The Manager Ricky was attentive and kind. He really make us feel at home.

The hotel has two wings, the older Grand West Wing, which is only minutes away from the lake shore. The newer East Wing is on the hill, it has excellent Lake view and that is the place the G20 leaders such as Theresa May and Putin and Merkel stayed. The 2 wings is connected by golf cart service, which is available at all times.

The Spa is good, so is the indoor swimming pool. The breakfast room is in the West Wing, connected by a inside corrider to the East, The food prvided in breakfast are high quality and fresh, both chinese and western style are available.

I really enjoy my stay and I hope to come back soon, surely I would not have to wait another 30 years before I visit again.

Room tip: Get a room with a view of the West Lake
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank masterman2
杭州香格里拉饭店, 总经理 at Shangri La Hotel Hangzhou, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2018

Dear raymasterman
Thank you for sharing your experience at Shangri-la Hotel Hangzhou, We are delighted that you enjoyed our Shangri-la hospitality and exceptional dining options. We look forward to welcome you back to our hotel soon.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 9 August 2018

When you enter the East Wing, you are greeted by a talking myna bird and also, immediately see an impressive wall landscape carving. This historic hotel that has greeted presidents, including Putin, spreads across a hilltop that has dramatic views of West Lake and the mountains. There are two wings, East and West, and we stayed in the East Wing executive club floor. We were very pleased with the location and service. The breakfast buffet on the lower level is amazing! The headboards of the bed were soiled from use, but other than that, no complaints.

Date of stay: June 2018
1  Thank Dolores G

Dear Directeur0,

Thank you very much for taking time to share your experience at the Shangri-La Hotel Hangzhou with us. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our location. I am truly sorry that your stay did not meet our usual high standards. Your constructive comments have been discussed with the team and appropriate actions have been taken to remedy to this kind of situation in future. I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you again should your travels bring you back to Hangzhou.