All reviews dianchi lake nice pool all day dining restaurant large tv butterfly bar the club lounge mouse pad chinese restaurant another occasion nationalities village separate bath and shower dragon gate asian dishes fantastic hotel business trip room service stayed for two nights
Reviewed 6 August 2018

My son and I spent two wonderful nights in this hotel. The rooms are large and beautiful and we slept well. The staff were very attentive and courteous. Breakfast in the Chinese market is a large buffet style restaurant with numerous islands of local and western foods. The Tibetan yogurt was awesome.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

I had a pleasant stay. The staff was so lovely and personal service with high professionality. The room was very nice and felt like home. Many details that made my stay relaxed. Very good room service and restaurant. Absolutely excellent! Everything just perfect.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
rolandsteiner, General Manager at Intercontinental Kunming, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2018

Dear "kaybencolour",

Many thanks for choosing Intercontinental Kunming! We always take the “In The Know” as the service concept. We hope you felt comfortable during your stay here. We hope that you have enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you sometime soon!

Reviewed 8 May 2018 via mobile

One of the best resort in Kunming. I have stayed for two nights on 19-21april18 during my birthday.

From airport, it is about 45 minutes taxi with all in fare RMB150. But from hotel to Airport is about RMB130.

Check in was good and fast. I have got a nice room 6403 with 58sq metres. It is huge. Since I stayed alone. The bed was very comfortable. Walking closet and seperate shower and toilet room.
It is clean.

Breakfast was wide spread in the restaurant. But I had my quite breakfast at the club lounge. Club lounge staff are attentive and polite. Thanks to Steve for his personalised service towards my stay.

The hotel was huge compound. The middle park has a pool. From Dianchi Lake, it is about 10 minutes walk. There is no shortcut from the hotel. But you can hire a bike at the health club to explore the city. It is about 5 minutes by taxi to Yunnan Minorities Village. And about less than 10 minutes by taxi to go to cable car to go to Xi Shan to see Longmen.

I love this property. Especially their staff. Thanks again to Steve and Robbie. They took care for me during my stay.

I really recommend this hotel to other if they want to have peaceful place.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
rolandsteiner, General Manager at Intercontinental Kunming, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2018

Dear "francisxavierchung",

It is a great pleasure to hear that you have had a good time staying with us at Intercontinental Kunming! Also, many thanks and appreciation for choosing our hotel as your accommodation during your trip to Kunming. We always take the “In The Know” as the service concept. We hope that you really felt at home while staying with us. As our hotel is nearby Dianchi Lake, you can overlook it and Xishan. If you do ever visit Kunming again sometime during winter, do remember to drop by Dianchi Lake as many seagulls come by during that season. We hope to see you sometime soon!

Reviewed 14 April 2018 via mobile

Very grand entrance, attentive staff and resort type feel. So expansive that it’s a long walk between rooms and other facilities. Located right near the lake but you can’t cut through to it (despite what he maps indicate) having to walk 10 minutes around he block. Located out of main town area where many of the key restaurants and sights are, but nice area to walk around. Very nice hotel and staff

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
rolandsteiner, General Manager at Intercontinental Kunming, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2018

Dear bluey22,

It is a pleasure for us to receive a positive feedback from you in regards of your stay with us. We hope that we were able to achieve your expectations as a city resort. We do hope to be your favourable accommodation to choose from for your future stay. We hope to see you sometime soon!

Reviewed 13 April 2018

Stayed here for one night with work, and wish it could have been longer. The facilities and furnishings are really excellent, the bed extremely comfortable, bathroom fantastic, food very good. The only are for slight improvement would the timeliness of food ordered at the bar. Overall a really great place to stay.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business

Dear VeeVee007,

We are sorry to hear that the service at the bar were not up to your expectations. We will take note and improve in terms of that. However, we are glad to hear that you had a pleasant stay overall. Hope to see you again sometime soon at Intercontinental Kunming!