Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in great prices from these sites
USD 124
TravelocityUSD 137
Orbitz.comUSD 137
eDreamsUSD 124
3,447 results
All reviews wings junior suite japanese restaurant the club lounge other hotels star hotel upon check muslim street buffet breakfast terracotta army china city azur concierge wall english warriors
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 June 2016

Having stayed in many Sofitel, I was as usual looking forward to this stay but have to admit was a little disappointed when I stepped into the lobby. Though grand, the décor looks old and can see that it has been around for some time.

Check in was a breeze and was given a complimentary upgrade as an Accor Plus member. On entering the room, was impressed by the huge space and though again I stressed that the décor looks old, I felt immediately the comfort of having to stay there. Large bed and lots of storage space for luggage.

What made a hotel outstanding as I said in my past reviews, service of the staff would definitely make the difference and indeed this hotel does. 2 staff deserved special mention in my view. The concierge, Zorro, who gave me advice on going out on a cloudy night as within the next 20 mins, a huge thunderstorm came and glad I was not caught in the rain. Zorro, also offered to walk me with umbrella to their sister property, which is grand and nice with good Italian restaurant. He also gave tips throughout the stay.

The front counter staff, Daisy, whom I spoke to as I was thinking to move to the newer sister property. She gave me the pros and cons of it without being pushy or hard selling which makes me feel that she is genuine in her advices.

The only set back in my view was the breakfast buffet which did not appeal to me. This could be due to that I have already been out for almost a week and most hotel breakfast looks similar. The ventilation in the buffet restaurant, Azur, can be improved though.

Overall, an excellent stay in Sofitel again and highly recommended.

Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
SofitelXian, General Manager at Sofitel Xian on Renmin Square, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2016

Bonjour!

Thank you for staying at Sofitel Xi'an on Renmin Square and taking the time to share your experience with us.

Your comments and suggestions on Azur are very important to us, we truly appreciate them.

I shared your recognition with the team and personally met Zorro and Daisy to say "thank you" to them. I can see how the team members are motivated by your recognition.

Once again thank you for your sharing and we look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Reviewed 15 June 2016

The Sofitel consists of a rather grand, older hotel (now renovated) and some newer buildings. I stayed in one of the newer buildings and was very impressed. The design of lobby, dining room, and other public areas is uncompromisingly modern, with sweeping spaces and bold use of color and materials. I thought it very beautiful.

I got an upgrade to a supremely comfortable room containing the largest bed I have ever seen in a hotel. At first I thought it might be two king beds pushed together, but in fact it had one immense mattress with sheets that might have sailed a boat. Everything was first class, with attention to the tiniest detail (like including paper clips and elastic bands in the desk drawer). All the usual amenities were present -- good TV, well-stocked mini bar, high speed internet, room safe, and spacious, well equipped bathroom.

One minor drawback was a complicated lighting system. This is a common failing of superior modern hotel rooms, where designers pack in an annoying array of controls and lights for different moods and locations -- not because guests want them, but just because they can. I can't be bothered to put in the effort to study which of the various clusters of switches controls what lights or effects, so just go around hitting one control after another until I get more or less the lighting I want. I suspect many people do the same.

The buffet breakfast is very good, with a huge choice of different items. Reception staff were friendly and efficient and spoke good English.

This is a luxurious and first rate hotel.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank IanWriter

Bonjour!

Thank you for staying at Sofitel Xi'an on Renmin Square and sharing your experience with us.

I'm sorry for the confusion it caused you in the light controls. Aside from this, I'm glad that our products and service made your recent stay a pleasant one, and we thank you for your recognition and motivation.

Reviewed 12 June 2016

We stayed with the family there and it was a good choice, great location, most places of interest in walking distance. Great and spacious rooms, excellent bathrooms and good internet connection. Staff there offered from the beginning to the end excellent, professional and warmhearted service. Have to highlight at the point the waitress Rose at the breakfast place, very attentive and on the second day she knew what kind of coffee we preferred for breakfast - thanks a lot. Can highly recommend this place and we come back.

Reviewed 10 June 2016

We spent one night at this location recently. The exterior had me questioning our choice to stay here. But once inside the lobby I understood why this hotel was highly recommended. Very opulent lobby and friendly staff at check in that made it a breeze to check in. Did not like that they charged my credit card for a deposit but had no issues with the credit being applied. The room was very clean and modern. A little on the small side for the price but for one night it met our needs. Our stay included breakfast. This was one of the best buffets in terms of quality food. A large selection of both Chinese and Western foods. We did not get to use any of the other amenities at the hotel due to our schedule. We would definitely stay here again when we return to Xi'an.

Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
SofitelXian, General Manager at Sofitel Xian on Renmin Square, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2016

Dear Guest,

Your recognition especially to the front desk service encourages us greatly to continue to do it better, we truly appreciate it.

Reviewed 4 June 2016

We loved the 5star Sofitel Renmin Square, delightful check in and received an upgrade to a 1 bedroom suite as we toured with Insider Journey's. Our only compliant was about the food in the buffet was not hot. It was between lukewarm and cold. I bought this to the Restuarant Managers attention as he cleared my plates one morning. I also gave the hotel feedback on this fact and the reply from the Manager they would look into it. We dined in the buffet on our 1st night as it was wet outside, the food also was not hot. Very disappointing for the price paid.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank 430SusanS430
SofitelXian, General Manager at Sofitel Xian on Renmin Square, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2016

Bonjour!

I'm sorry that the food temperature did not meet your expectation and thank you for bringing it to my attention. I have shared that with my F&B team for our actions.

Aside from that, I'm glad that your recent stay was pleasant and enjoyable. Your recognition encourages us to do it better.