See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 26 September 2012

I have stayed at this hotel many times and never had one complaint about this hotel service was excellent rooms were clean and tidy,this was what I needed after visiting factories and wholesale and to relieve my stress I went over to the new Water Club,great for foot and back massage and the drinks and buffet were all included. I would recommend this hotel to any visitors to panyu.district. I will always gbook my hotel at white palace hotel every trip every year I go back to panyu.

Room Tip: always go to the free buffet included with your stay and must try the water cube club next door adjacent to hotel
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank benniema
Reviewed 13 May 2011

I stayed in this hotel because it is near the wholesale market of guangzhou, shaxi.

It was a terrible one night stay, having heard noisy children running outside my room, children laughing, slamming of doors and marbles dropping onto tiles all in the middle of the night!!!

I was told we are the only room occupied for this floor and the entire hotel was at its very low occupancy. I did not see any children in the morning. Complimentary water was only given to double bed room while those on twin bed room there was no complimentary water. It is chargeable at RMB10 per bottle. *Puzzle* The tap water turn brownish when I turn it on. Seems like this place rarely get visitors.

My room is on block 8, level 5. Block 8 is the only block that is open for business. Rest of the hotel is undergoing renovation. So you can guess how old this hotel is. The whole of level 5 is extremely cold when I enter. I off the air-con after check-in in the afternoon and when I came back at night, it is just as cold as before! The strange thing is, outdoor temperature is much higher than indoor! I had to cover myself with extra blankets, wearing long sleeve and socks to sleep. The air-con was not 'on' through out the night and it was still very cold in the morning.

This has got to be the most creepy hotel i've stayed in.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank mrang
Reviewed 26 October 2010

this hotel is definitjy gloomy, awfull and disgusting ! Don't go there. And the prices are very high compared with some other luxuous hotels for quite the same price. Never go there !

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank grenadine94
An Agoda Traveller
Reviewed 5 August 2009

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 April 2009

The White Palace hotel is an inexpensive hotel in Panyu Guangzhou near the Chimelong entertainment area. The rooms are huge - easily enough to fit 2 rollaway beds. It is 3 star and you should not expect more - the hotel is a bit tatty - clean but stains on some walls and carpets and the staff do try hard to deodorise the rooms to expel the cigarette smoke. The included breakfast is a vast array of chinese dishes - don't expect western as this hotel doesn't really cater for westerners. The front desk are enormously helpful and the front desk manager Justin speaks perfect English and couldn't be more helpful in attending to enquiries. Outside the hotel and up the road to the left was a fabulous little cafe, very cheap and I just pointed to the vegetables and meats and a great dinner was produced. Don't be put off by other reviews - this is a chinese hotel in China and they will do their very best, but you are not in an English speaking country! Time and patience and a few smiles produce lovely results!

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family