Nansha Grand Hotel
USD 141
USD 150
USD 109
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 127/night.

USD 149
USD 136
USD 181
USD 147
Hotels.com
Dongfang Hotel(Guangzhou)
USD 108
USD 89
The Garden Hotel Guangzhou(Guangzhou)
USD 202
  • Pool
USD 185
USD 114
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 130/night.

USD 70
USD 58
Priceline
All reviewshotel interior isfitness centerchinese foodthe pearlvery nice hotelpoolsfacilitiesriver
Reviewed 26 January 2017

My company arranged for me to stay at this '5-star' location in Nansha, I was happy until I arrived at the hotel.
First impressions:
1. Entrance led into empty hall, front desk is not immediately noticeable if its your first visit.
2. Not one member of staff greeted me, nor asked if I needed assistance despite me making it obvious that I didn't know where to go. I even stopped in front of the reception desk where two girls stood silently and said nothing.
3. After dinner (which was fine) I was told by my colleague to bill to the room so I did, but then no sooner had I returned to my room, I was called to say I had pay separately as the host would no cover it. Okay, no problem, BUT they told me it must be settled ASAP (it was 9:30pm!).. They sent up a guy but he hadn't brought the credit card device, so he ran down again and returned. BUT, he didnt really know how to use the machine, my card was continuously declined, so he said perhaps I can pay cash. I hadn't been to the ATM, so I said I'd settle it at the front desk in the morning to which he replied that I should pay NOW, asking me if I can come down to the lobby to use the ATM and pay. I wasnt happy but I put my shoes back on and down I went. When I got to the reception the lad was nowhere to be seen and the girls at the front desk didnt know what I was talking about. Finally we organized it.
4. BUT... while at the front desk, they asked me to formally check in with ID. I had just come from my room with just my room key and credit card, I didnt have my passport on me of course. My issue: they've already allowed someone else to check in and take my room key, why the hell do they still need a copy of my passport? What if I had just gone out all night and left early for my meeting and they hadn't seen me? In any case, they asked if I would mind going back up to my room and fetching my passport, I said NO, they can send someone up to get it.
FINALLY, when my passport was returned, it was around 10:30pm.
OVERALL service was terrible. Unprofessional, rude at times, they need some serious training because it is simply not the standard you'd expect at a 5-star hotel.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank jonathanrsmith
Reviewed 6 December 2016 via mobile

Very very nice hotel rooms are huge grounds are very nice and very large

You can walk along the river

Did not use but appears to have a nice spa facility

December nice part of year warm and low humility

Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 October 2016

I was surprised to see this hotel in Nansha. I never expected that Nansha can have such a grand hotel. Basically its more of a resort.

everything about this hotel is 'grand' Located about 30 minutes drive from the Airport, the hotel offers different type of rooms. Mine was a Suite with a river and hill view.
It has a nice living room , a beautiful bedroom and ofcourse a beautiful bathroom.
All toiletries are provided. Bathrobe, disposable slippers, showshine etc are all avble for use.

A word of caution - Language is a bit of a problem. It took me 30 minutes to explain them what i needed for room service, inspite of all the dishes in the meny being numbered for their ease.
So ultimately I had to go down to the restaurant and point out the dishes that I wanted.

Other than that, The staff is good, hotel is well maintained, Beautiful surroundings.

Overall a grand experience.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 May 2016

A very grand hotel from both exterior and interior. I checked in on Monday,
and surprisingly I could hardly found any guest there. As a matter of fact the
whole Nansha area looked deserted. By that standard, check in was very
inefficient because it was performed by a trainee, and she was not a fast
learner.
The hotel and rooms were well kept despite it was built some time back. It
can be seen that some corners were cut on the cleaning routine. Some idle
public area such as the scenic elevator, gave off some stale smell
The washing basin in the bathroom spilled water on the floor, must be a design flaw.
Amenities and toiletries supplies were limited in quantity (such as facial
and bathroom tissues), not sure if this is related to cost rationing.
Restaurant outlet - not everyone was opened. The Cantonese restaurant would only open on demand basis (strange) and I am not sure if that's the same case for the steak house also. Strange but I wouldn't blame the hotel for such a low occupancy.
You will like the environment if you need absolutely no body around you,
plenty of personal space in your own little giant castle.
You don't need to request a sea-view room. The mountain view rooms also give
some sea view.
Breakfast was nice, it's amazing they kept running a quality breakfast place despite such low occupancy.
Check-out was disappointing - the staff (three of them presented at the same time) insisted on charging me RMB 30 for the hotel card key that I did not bring back. Stone cold face gentleman, didn't bother to even to ascertain the issue or explained their hotel policy. Got a bad taste and I told the front desk staff this would be my last visit to the property, and they wouldn't care less.

Room Tip: As mentioned it is not necessary to request for a sea view room
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 May 2016

Grand hotel right in the middle of nowhere - for now! (As most of China). Everything is grand except the service. Had to stay there for a business meeting in Nansha and was quite surprised at the grandeur of the building but it was quite a nice surprise. A stay to remember.

Room Tip: the rooms facing the water and bridge.
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business