2,791 results
All reviews huge lobby busy hotel business trip amazing hotel executive floor metro station upgraded to a suite big hotel enjoyed my stay star hotel chinese restaurant breakfast buffet non smoking business hotel canton fair china taojin
Reviewed 3 October 2017

The Garden Hotel is very suitable for Business travel and we were happy with the hotel and its amenities.

Rooms
The rooms are modern with all the modern conveniences. The bed was very comfortable and the layout was good. The bathroom was open and 'part' of the room (modern style) but very nice and relaxing to enjoy a bath while watching the news. We were on the 16th floor and it was nice to get a bit of a view of the city from so high up.

Facilities
The hotel has all the facilities needed of a business hotel although we didn't use too many of them other than the restaurant and bar.
The restaurant was ok and the food was pretty ordinary, typical hotel buffet. We struggled a little with the service and getting them to help us with our requirements re seating and food. Dinner was slow and not great (eat out if you can).
The bar area was very nice (too much smoking near the non-smoking section). We had some good cocktails there and the bar menu was very pleasant. I would recommend this area if you want a relaxing after work wind-down.

The service was adequate and I have no real complaints. Everyone was pleasant enough without going out of their way to accommodate any requests. Generally we were happy with the service during our stay.

The Hotel
The hotel is large but well situated in Guangzhou. It was always clean and the comings and goings of all the business people didn't overwhelm the space. A very well designed and kept hotel.

Overall
Overall I would be happy to stay here again. It was well priced for what we needed and our stay was pleasant enough without being anything to write home about. I would give the hotel 5* and the atmosphere/service 3*-4*.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 September 2017 via mobile

Stayed 4 days for a business trip. It's a huge hotel with many rooms. Check in took longer than expected due to a simple request to change breakfast requirement. The room was nice with a day bed near the Windows. I didn't like the single screen sliding between the bathroom and toilet. It was troublesome to climb in and out of the high bathtub. And a lack of privacy if you are sharing a room. The bed was comfortable with thick blankets. Room service was good too. Once, I activated the "do not disturb" sign but returned to find the housekeeping done for the room. Just find that amusing. Breakfast was not of good quality judging from it being a 5 star hotel. Overall, it was still a satisfactory stay.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
thegardenhotel, Guest Relations Manager at The Garden Hotel Guangzhou, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2017

Dear HappyTravelerSarah,

Thank you for taking the time out to write a review of your recent stay with us! I'm saddened to learn that you've only experienced a satisfactory stay. The many points that you've mentioned were all incidents in which we should work to avoid. I will certainly be sharing your feedback with the relevant departments to follow up and prevent such situations from occuring again. It would be very appreciated if you would contact me directly in order to further investigate the situation, as the finer details would be of great assistance. I'd like to apologize for the substandard experience, and I do hope that you'll allow us the opportunity to host you again for your future stay.

brian.ding@gardenhotel.com

Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

On top of all the renovation and drilling going on... bad traffic was so bad all around the hotel premise... this hotel is by far one with the worst hotel and service we were experienced. No one to help us when we checked in at 3am even though the bell boy was obviously pretending not to see us. No one helped us when we checked out. I seriously do not understand why it's so understaffed... is this even a hotel? 5 star? I give it 3. Breakfast service was bad... everything has beef in it... even though we could speak mandarin and Cantonese, staff working here again pretended not to understand. They gave us a bad attitude every time they had to do something for us... like the breakfast station noddle chef insisted that we take the noddles with beef even when we told the chef we don't take beef before he prepared it. Simply because he had spent 3 mins preparing it for us. Dinner at the Chinese restaurant was the same... everyone working here had a bad attitude even when you spend money! I will not recommend this hotel... all the glitter you see at the lobby is not gold!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
thegardenhotel, Guest Relations Manager at The Garden Hotel Guangzhou, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2017

Dear uozo2000,

Greetings from Garden Hotel.

I'd like to first thank you for taking the time out to write a review of your recent stay, and I can not express how distraught and disappointed in the level of service we have delivered to you. Each point you made is something we strive to prevent from occuring and is far from our standards.

I'll be personally investigating each mentioned point as well as involving our department heads in order to correct, and prevent such situations from occuring in the future. None of what you have mentioned should have occured to you or any guest at our hotel. Please allow me to extend my most sincere apologies for the substandard experiences you had.

Please kindly contact me personally for any future visits you may have to Guang Zhou, if you would allow us the opportunity to serve you and redeem for past mistakes. I will handle your reservation personally and ensure that you experience the level of service we are capable of delivering, and to rebuild the trust that we have misplaced.

Once again, please accept my most sincere apologies, and I hope that we could have the opportunity to serve you in the future.

Best Regards,
brian.ding@gardenhotel.com

Reviewed 21 September 2017 via mobile

I stayed in hotel for 3 nights.very big hotel.THEY HV SMOKING ROOMS.
Japanes Food restaurant was very good
Hotel staff was helpful.
Just 2 minutes walk and Halal Turkish food
Available
A shopping mall opposite hotel

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
thegardenhotel, Guest Relations Manager at The Garden Hotel Guangzhou, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2017

Dear Muhammad Ali H,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us. I'm glad to know that you've found our service as well as restaurants to your liking! I hope we continue to have the opportunity of hosting you for your future visits to Guang Zhou!

Reviewed 15 September 2017

The hotel is great, nice rooms, good location.
I have been staying there for the past 10 years, and never had a complain.
Breakfast is quite good, offering a nice assortment of food (although the same kind every day).
Around the hotel area you can find restaurants, bars and stores.

Room Tip: Higher floors might be better
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
thegardenhotel, Guest Relations Manager at The Garden Hotel Guangzhou, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2017

Dear aventurero,

Thank you for taking the time to write a positive comment. We are glad to read that our service are meet your expectation, and that we were able to deliver a great stay experience. Those comments will certainly be shared with our Operations Teams. We are looking forward to serving you again. Thank you again for the years of loyalty to our hotel.