All reviews wanda plaza the executive lounge mary lin baiyun mountain close to the airport canton fair chinese restaurant shopping mall diamond member breakfast buffet booked rooms check in was smooth business trip hotel guests subway station walmart china
Reviewed 14 September 2018

These people work hard to make your stay eventful. Hotels in China can be hit or miss. This ones a big hit for comfort and good food. Close to the airport but you don't hear planes overhead. The front desk will make sure you're taken care of.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
GM_GZ, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Guangzhou Baiyun, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2018

Dear richardhB3244PZ,

Thank you very much for having chosen our hotel for your recent visit to Guangzhou.
We would like to thank you for having taken the time to share your experience. Great to see you enjoyed your stay with us and we will share you positive feedback with our team members for encouragement.
Please feel free to contact me directly for any future reservations or if we can be of any further assistance.

Best regards,
Marcom Director
Karen Xu

Reviewed 5 September 2018 via mobile

We’ve been here three times, which includes the very beginning of its opening. Found that their bed and the linen was very comfortable. When we enter to the bedroom it gave us the happiness because of its elegant interior designs. Staffs found very pleasant but some of the staff members were having communication difficulties. It’s in House Spa was one of the best spa that I ever visited. Therapist, interior and lighting was superb. We highly recommended this place for families, solo and couples too.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
GM_GZ, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Guangzhou Baiyun, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2018

Dear Guest, thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Hilton Guangzhou Baiyun. We are happy to receive your comments and thank you for the positive remarks. We will share your comments with our team, and strive to continue improving our service and facilities. Thank you again, and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 26 August 2018 via mobile

The rooms were very date and bathroom was moldy and mildew. Needs updated. I did notice on the 8 floor the room were closed and were being remodeled. The breakfast buffet offered a egg bar where they made your eggs to your liking. I did an omelette. Nice fruit watermelon, melon, banana. Other than breakfast other gluten free meal option would be harder and not many options at this hotel. Service overall was just okay in restaurant. A friend I was with had an executive pass and they lounge was very nice with drinks and snacks. However when they service dinner options nothing was gluten free.

Stayed: August 2018
GM_GZ, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Guangzhou Baiyun, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2018

Dear kmalmberg1,

Thank you for staying with us and shared your experience here. We apologize for your room condition and as you have rightly observed that room maintenance are being carried out to tackle the moldy issues, especially during this rainy season. It is unfortunately that we are not able to meet your expectation of more gluten-free meals options and certainly will work with our culinary team to offer gluten-free meals as this is becoming more popular abroad. As part of our dining experience, we do invite guests that have any specific dietary requirements to let us know and we will be delighted to oblige in any way we can.

Again, we do apologize for the inconvenience. We look forward to your next visit and will be happy to assist in order to make it right then.

Reviewed 17 August 2018

I stayed here during the Canton Fair for 7 days. My flight arrived very early in the morning and my room wasn't ready. The front desk staff was great. Since I am Hilton Gold, they took me up to the executive lounge and said I could relax and have breakfast till my room was ready. Wincy and Florence were great in the lounge. Elvis at the front desk really helped me with some things I needed for the Fair. The staff at this hotel are awesome. I will definitely be staying here in October. :)

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
GM_GZ, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Guangzhou Baiyun, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2018

Dear Codson,

Thank you for choosing Hilton Guangzhou Baiyun and sharing your good comment online! I am so grad that you had a good time with us. I will deliver your message to our related departments, and we do look forward to seeing you soon in October.

Reviewed 1 August 2018 via mobile

This seems to be pretty typical of a large chain “5 star” hotel in China - overwhelmingly large and to be honest, a bit garish with an over enthusiastic use of gold! But it’s designed for local tourists, not Western aesthetics :-)
The staff do try to accommodate and there were an equal number of Cantonese and English speakers.
The restaurant was decent though somewhat overpriced.
My gripe would be that the website alludes to Wanda Plaza being attached to the hotel...but instead, you have to exit the hotel & walk around the block. It’s only a short 5 min walk but at night, as a solo female traveller, it certainly didn’t appeal.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
GM_GZ, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Guangzhou Baiyun, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2018

Dear Chica B,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience and pleased to know that you’ve enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your feedback which we will continue to find better ways to improve those areas.

Whilst we understand the inconvenience occurred when you tried to walk to the shopping mall nearby, we are right in the middle of renovating this walk way. Adding more lighting is also part of our improvement work as to ensure our guests safety and overall experience.

Thank you again for your comment and we look very much forward to welcoming you back in the future.