USD 132
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 186/night.

USD 305
USD 244
Mandarin Oriental
  • Pool
USD 126
USD 137
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 194/night.

USD 126
USD 168
USD 141
USD 223
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 258/night.

USD 100
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 114/night.

USD 169
USD 94
Savings alert! 39% below average rates

The price you found is 39% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 154/night.

USD 136
USD 129
Trip.com
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 24 November 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights at a conference organised on the "mega campus" made up of 10 Guandong Universities. There is absolutely nothing around the hotel at all so you are more or less trapped to use the hotel facilities which are not brilliant. Food is pretty mediocre and there are no real bar facilities to speak of (there is a bar of sorts I suppose but not open as far as we could tell). It is well out of Guangzhou centre and unless we had lifts to and from the hotel organised I am not sure how we would have coped transport wise. Rooms were fairly comfortable and bathroom facilities were better than average but still not a great hotel. We were booked for 3 nights and stayed 2 moving to the Westin in Guangzhou centre for the last night - quite the difference and not that much more expensive.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 November 2014

The very glamorous and glitzy lobby gives a very good impression, but if you are visiting Guangzhou city, you should not stay here. The hotel is situated on the mega university island which is too far from the city centre and there are limited transport links to and from the hotel. When the universities are closed, it is like staying in a land time forgot. The rooms themselves are fine providing you don't get the one on the 5th floor by the lift with the mouldy carpet. Bathrooms are well proportioned and well equipped. Fridges in the rooms do not work. Breakfast leaves a lot to be desired, although the reception staff do their best to be helpful with somewhat limited English. The website says there is a pool, I couldn't find it, and it boasts a shopping arcade, again nothing open. The hotel claims it is a 5 star business hotel, don't be tricked into believing such a claim, and no, I wasn't happy when I saw a rat in the downstairs restaurant where I had breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 October 2014

This is located in University City - finding a taxi to go there is almost impossible and then, once you are in University City, getting to the location is extremely difficult (luckily, my poor Chinese worked enough).

Rooms: Excellent quality. I've stayed in many hotels in Guangzhou and you won't find a better quality of hotel room in this price range. Plus, they are clean and bug-free.

Management Service: Excellent. They will do anything for you and go above and beyond to get you what you need.

Those are the only 2 positives about this hotel.

Regular Staff Service: Atrocious. I don't mind that their English is poor - this is China. But, the service is absolutely atrocious. They would rather watch TV or mess around on their mobile phones than move a finger to do anything - clear dishes, let you order food, help you with a problem, anything.

Food: Wow. I would rather eat at the Chinese Buffet in rural Nebraska than eat here, because they have infinitely better food. Breakfast is decent if you stick to the congee, fruit, or fried eggs. The rest is just bad. Dinner at the "Western" restaurant was downright bad. I won't even go into it...it rated a -5 on a scale of 1-10. The "Chinese" restaurant upstairs was a bit better, only because I could half-way communicate with them.

Internet: They "installed" wifi in my room (aka, gave me a router to plug into the hard line). That was the only positive. Otherwise, I could barely pull up a website. I basically gave up. I would recommend finding a way to get Internet on your phone and then using that as a hotspot.

Canton Fair: I, too, went for the Canton Fair. This is relatively near the fair - about a 15 minute ride - in comparison to other "downtown hotels" I've stayed at (usually a 60+ minute ride on fair days). Luckily, they provide a shuttle to/from.

Overall: If you are going for the fair and don't intend on seeing much of Guangzhou (including eating out), then this is the place for you. Otherwise, be cautious.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Located in University City, an area with little to nothing to do, it is the best hotel available. Our group stayed for 15 days in July, 2014. The breakfast buffet was good. The rooms were okay but none of the mini-fridges in any of the rooms worked. The staff was the highlight; although they spoke limited English they went out of their way to make you feel welcome. Unless you have business on the University City island, I would suggest staying elsewhere.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I guess at £39 a night I had little expectation but the rooms were very nice. Open window from bathroom to living area interesting, at least I could watch tv while showering. Mini bar empty and view not amazing.

Staff need far more training and there english was not great. Room keys didnt work and check out process slow.

Western restaurant is shocking whilst chinese one not bsd but had much better food in china. Breakfast was a joke with little choice.

Fortunately I was attending a local meeting so locatiom not an issue but be warned this is the back of beyond.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business