USD 132
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 187/night.

USD 245
Mandarin Oriental
  • Pool
USD 127
USD 223
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 266/night.

USD 137
Savings alert! 43% below average rates

The price you found is 43% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 242/night.

USD 137
USD 127
USD 185
USD 131
USD 100
  • Pool
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 117/night.

USD 105
USD 95
Savings alert! 41% below average rates

The price you found is 41% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 161/night.

USD 136
USD 129
Trip.com
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 14 November 2014

The very glamorous and glitzy lobby gives a very good impression, but if you are visiting Guangzhou city, you should not stay here. The hotel is situated on the mega university island which is too far from the city centre and there are limited transport links to and from the hotel. When the universities are closed, it is like staying in a land time forgot. The rooms themselves are fine providing you don't get the one on the 5th floor by the lift with the mouldy carpet. Bathrooms are well proportioned and well equipped. Fridges in the rooms do not work. Breakfast leaves a lot to be desired, although the reception staff do their best to be helpful with somewhat limited English. The website says there is a pool, I couldn't find it, and it boasts a shopping arcade, again nothing open. The hotel claims it is a 5 star business hotel, don't be tricked into believing such a claim, and no, I wasn't happy when I saw a rat in the downstairs restaurant where I had breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 October 2014

This is located in University City - finding a taxi to go there is almost impossible and then, once you are in University City, getting to the location is extremely difficult (luckily, my poor Chinese worked enough).

Rooms: Excellent quality. I've stayed in many hotels in Guangzhou and you won't find a better quality of hotel room in this price range. Plus, they are clean and bug-free.

Management Service: Excellent. They will do anything for you and go above and beyond to get you what you need.

Those are the only 2 positives about this hotel.

Regular Staff Service: Atrocious. I don't mind that their English is poor - this is China. But, the service is absolutely atrocious. They would rather watch TV or mess around on their mobile phones than move a finger to do anything - clear dishes, let you order food, help you with a problem, anything.

Food: Wow. I would rather eat at the Chinese Buffet in rural Nebraska than eat here, because they have infinitely better food. Breakfast is decent if you stick to the congee, fruit, or fried eggs. The rest is just bad. Dinner at the "Western" restaurant was downright bad. I won't even go into it...it rated a -5 on a scale of 1-10. The "Chinese" restaurant upstairs was a bit better, only because I could half-way communicate with them.

Internet: They "installed" wifi in my room (aka, gave me a router to plug into the hard line). That was the only positive. Otherwise, I could barely pull up a website. I basically gave up. I would recommend finding a way to get Internet on your phone and then using that as a hotspot.

Canton Fair: I, too, went for the Canton Fair. This is relatively near the fair - about a 15 minute ride - in comparison to other "downtown hotels" I've stayed at (usually a 60+ minute ride on fair days). Luckily, they provide a shuttle to/from.

Overall: If you are going for the fair and don't intend on seeing much of Guangzhou (including eating out), then this is the place for you. Otherwise, be cautious.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Located in University City, an area with little to nothing to do, it is the best hotel available. Our group stayed for 15 days in July, 2014. The breakfast buffet was good. The rooms were okay but none of the mini-fridges in any of the rooms worked. The staff was the highlight; although they spoke limited English they went out of their way to make you feel welcome. Unless you have business on the University City island, I would suggest staying elsewhere.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I guess at £39 a night I had little expectation but the rooms were very nice. Open window from bathroom to living area interesting, at least I could watch tv while showering. Mini bar empty and view not amazing.

Staff need far more training and there english was not great. Room keys didnt work and check out process slow.

Western restaurant is shocking whilst chinese one not bsd but had much better food in china. Breakfast was a joke with little choice.

Fortunately I was attending a local meeting so locatiom not an issue but be warned this is the back of beyond.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 November 2013

This hotel is located in the university of Guangzhou precinct - read far from anywhere! We used this hotel whilst attending the Canton Fair in October. Whilst they provide a shuttle, it is virtually impossible to find a taxi driver, if willing, to find the place. If it was not for my Chinese colleague, I would probably still be circling the island.

They struggle with cooking any version of Western food, service is slow and orders get muddled. They are attentive and willing to help though.

The rooms are to notch, clean and modern.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business