All reviews free mini bar canton fair town area tiyu xilu nice hotel hotel is located similar hotels aeon supermarket decent room youth hostel non smoking room rooms are comfortable room type executive room water pressure japanese restaurant the hotel staff
Reviewed 24 September 2018

I stayed 2 nights for business at Leeden Hotel Guangzhou. The room type I reserved wasn't available so I received a free upgrade to a suite. Very nice customer service from the receptionist.

The room was spacious and clean. A couple of minor things to mention. There wasn't any spare toilet roll in the room and there was only half a roll left. It was ok for the 1st night and I expected it to be topped up after my room was cleaned next day. But housekeeping didn't leave any spare roll again! Had to call reception to get more sent to my room. This is the first time ever I had such problem in any hotel. The only other issue is that the shower enclosure needs a bit more sealant added in the corners on the floor. When I shower, water kept running out of the enclosure and flood part of the bathroom floor.

The bed and pillow were really comfortable. Toiletry selection was good.

Breakfast wasn't a choice for me when I made the booking. But I decide to go for breakfast the next morning. Half way through I was told I can't add breakfast to my room because they didn't take my credit card details when checking in. Wasn't my fault that no one asked at the time. After breakfast I had to fetch my card and go back to the restaurant to settle the bill. Luckily I wasn't in too much of a rush.

All in all this is a nice hotel. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 May 2018

I chose this hotel for it's convenient location from the airport. You just get on line 3 subway from the airport and although you stay on line 3 you have to get off at Tiyu Xilu walk to the other side of the platform and get back on the train again for 1 stop and get off at Zhujiang New Town. Take exit A2 walk straight, cross the first crossing and turn right and turn left at second street. It's about a 5 minute walk from the subway.

The room and bathroom are clean and are of reasonable size but the aircon didn't want to be turned off so the room was very cold. There is a thermostat but nothing seemed to work except for the aircon. Would be no problem if you like very cold rooms. But although the aircon was always on the room for some reason was very humid. The bathroom has one of those ceiling showers and a smaller showerhead. Water pressure was good but for some reason the ceiling shower because of it's big head was not always consistent in the warm water supply so that was quite annoying but no problem with the warm water supply from the smaller shower head which wasn't a problem for me as I don't like ceiling showers anyway.

Breakfast is included and was on the second floor. The food was mostly Chinese although there was bread and salad too. Breakfast is reasonable

There are 2 bottles of bottled water in the room and in the lobby there are many that you can just grab on your way out or in.

The hotel is also very conveniently located to Guangzhou railway station and Guangzhou East railway station if you wanted to take the train to Shenzhen for a day trip. Although buying train tickets in China is another challenge.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 March 2018

visited in march. rooms are run down, not only fixtures looking old but specially need better maintenance and cleaning. Bathroom with mold in some points... ceiling in the room has painting falling... wallpaper on the walls peeling. It's an old run down 3 star hotel.... breakfast is lousy. Area is good. Bed is worn, too soft.

Room Tip: don't suggest to stay here.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 February 2018

Leeden Hotel is located in the central business district of Guangzhou. Train station is a 5-minute walk from the hotel. There are also two shopping malls across the main road with lots of retail and dining choices, and a big AEON supermarket. Just adjacent to the mall is a huge park with a breathtaking view of the Canton Tower--especially when the lights turn on at night. I stayed in an executive room with 2 twin beds--the size of the room is quire big and items in the mini bar (drinks, chips, and cookies) are also free and replenished daily. This is a great hotel in a great location in Guangzhou and you will definitely get maximum value for your money.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank JeffChua2020
Reviewed 30 January 2018

rooms were clean and good location . decent room for price . minimal service type hotel. Price is good for location. Close to metro that is direct to airport = helpful to fly in, stay and fly out. thank u

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business