All reviews international food great hotel breakfast buffet gym lobby business english marble comfort taxi
Reviewed 29 May 2017

First of all, I think that this hotel was absolutely beautiful. Everything from the lobby to the marble details in my room - it was very elegant and even hosted a wedding during our stay there.

However the first major (MAJOR) problem is that the staff didn't really speak English, with one exception. I think her name was Dorophee, but if she wasn't there, we couldn't get help with ANYTHING at all. I travel to China for business from time to time and I know that even in Beijing or Shanghai, it's hard to find great English-speakers, but this case was particularly bad. They were all nice and wanted to be helpful, but just couldn't do it.

The other issue we had is a minor complaint, but just a head's up for other travelers. We felt that the restaurant/bar prices were identical to what we'd pay at a comparable hotel in the US. I mean an EXPENSIVE hotel in the US. My husband and I had a couple of beers and appetizers at the bar and paid $78 dollars. A ton of money considering that the waiter didn't understand us well enough to get the order right.

Overall, I want to stress that we are the most flexible people on the planet, and have gone everywhere from one star hotels in remote locations to even staying in a yurt in Mongolia. We are NOT picky and will adapt when people don't speak English. However, when we're staying at an upscale hotel with US prices, we expect that the hotel hire employees that have basic communication skills. We'll do our part and speak slowly and be patient, but expect that for the level of hotel, we can be understood when we ask for a taxi to the airport.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 May 2017 via mobile

It is a massive beautifull hotel with spacious rooms. But unfortunately the service level is poor and due to their mistakes I mist my flight which cost me about 4000Rmb to get new tickets for my colleague and me.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 May 2017

This was my first time at this hotel and this area was convenient to my business. The staff was friendly upon check-in. The room was well appointed and attractive. It was a bit on the small site yet this did not bother me. I had a view of the river and that was ideal. The breakfast and Sunday brunch buffets were superb. The food of good quality and the choices plentiful. There is also a Starbucks with 12 minutes walking distance. The pool areas were beautiful. A good and comfortable stay.

Room Tip: high floor, river view, preferably with terrace and not just windows
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 April 2017 via mobile

This hotel is ok for a few nights, but if you stay longer i suggest to go to another hotel. This hotel has all the comfort but misses a cozy bar. Lobby lounge is not that nice to spent your time. Take care that it will take almost an hour to reach the hotel from the airport. If you leave eary morning its better to book a hotel car as there are almost no taxi around even during day time its difficult to get a taxi. Rooms are ok quite big though but misses the finishing touch. Take good care, as house keeping forgets to refill your minibar,so do not get charged twice. Don't order a cold beer to your room as really they do not understand cold.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 November 2016

Our family stayed at this property for 2 nights. The room was spacious, clean and well maintained. There was free transport to Chimelong theme park; however it was a bit far from the Chimelong hotel lobby. My suggestion is to avoid the in-room breakfast service. RMB 168 +15% for an 'American breakfast': 2 pieces of toast,1 glass of juice, 1 small 'cup' of coffee (NOT a kettle), 2 eggs, and 3 pieces of fatty pork meat(canned 'luncheon meat'). There Chinese restaurant is pretty good though. Sports facilities are shared between hotel guests and residents nearby; so booking is essential.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family