“only near airport”

Southern Airline Pearl Hotel
Ranked #1,564 of 3,559 Hotels in Guangzhou
Reviewed 8 February 2010

When I came from Shenzhen to go to Guangzhou airport, I decide I stayed there for one night. It was located far from the city and if you want a taxi maybe you must wait for more than one hour. Last time finally I decide to go to airport with the bus which belongs to hotel and from there I went to Beijing Lu, I pay around 130 RMB for this distance. In the room there was no water and the refrigerator was empty, I called three times to room service at last someone bring water for me. They changed dollar to RMB at rate of 6:1, but all hotels change it at the rate of 6.75:1. The room was not quiet and if someone from other rooms went out the sound of the door was heard. All employee whom I talked with them, were polite. The design, the material and structure of the hotel was very good, but the rooms were not clean.
All people who stayed there are the employee of some airline.
P.S. Chinese people called this hotel with another name. The name is Nan Hang Ming Zhu Hotel

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank h_khozooei

Reviewed 27 November 2009

It is close to the airport. Otherwise a typical Chinese 2-3 star hotel but overpriced for that. Not to be recommended if you do not need to stay close to the airport.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled on business
3  Thank CKober
Reviewed 22 October 2009

Modern, luxuriously finished, with all modern facilties, but there is a catch. None of the charming staff speaks English. So it's all smiles and "charades" when trying to get basic information like the location of the restaurant. Check-in takes forever because of the language problems. I was literally the only person in the restaurant from 8pm until 9.30pm and when I got my meal I could see why. The "inclusive" breakfast buffet had no juice, no cereal, no fruit, no cold milk, and coffee was extra ! I planned to spend half a day relaxing in this hotel, but actually I just checked out early and sat in the airport lounge instead. One other point. Guests at breakfast seem to have a nasty habit of spitting on the floor of the restaurant. Not one of the better experiences all told.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business
5  Thank nothingbutthebest
Reviewed 12 October 2009

Airport hotel with free shuttle.
Room was run down (or shabby in the first place), loud and stinky.
Just rollaway beds, many damaged spots in bathroom.
People at reception do not speak English, at least Putonghua, not only Cantonese.
Breakfast was Chinese and o.k..
I would have expected more from the hotel of China Southern Airlines, the second biggest carrier of PR China

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Unbekannt
Reviewed 24 June 2009

I had a short stop-over at this hotel on my way to Guiyang in June 2009. The hotel facilities are excellent and the staff is friendly, however, no one is fairly fluent in English. This was frustrating as it took my an hour to check out of the hotel as the staff wasn't sure how to communicate and process the bills.
My advice is that the staff are trained in some basic English in order to cater for Western people.
Unfortunately, I didn't use their restaurant or other facilities.
The foyer of the hotel looks nice and it is a very nice display. I also enjoyed the fact that they have a free taxi service from the airport. They should keep providing this service.
I would stay in this hotel again if I travel to China in future.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled on business
2  Thank vsomerset
Travellers also viewed these Guangzhou hotels
Baiyun District
Holiday Inn Express Guangzhou Baiyun Airport
Guangzhou Baiyun Hotel
#40 of 3,559 in Guangzhou
New Baiyun Airport
Crowne Plaza Guangzhou Huadu
Crowne Plaza Guangzhou Huadu
#28 of 3,559 in Guangzhou

Been to Southern Airline Pearl Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Southern Airline Pearl Hotel

Address: Kong Gang Fifth Road, New Baiyun Airport, Baiyun District, Guangzhou 510406, China
Region: China > Guangdong > Guangzhou
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Parking Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Airport Transportation
Ranked #1,564 of 3,559 Hotels in Guangzhou
Price Range: $149 - $1,721 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:4 star — Southern Airline Pearl Hotel 4*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Wotif.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia APAC, Ctrip TA and Cancelon so you can book your Southern Airline Pearl Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.