“This was a great Restaurant in one of the compounds but the last time we went it was closed down”

Blue Strawberry Restaurant
Ranked #21 of 320 Restaurants in Al Khobar
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Located On A Gated Compound, But Open To The Public
Reviewed 16 October 2018

It is in a compound so women do not need to wear an Abaya.

Food fairly good.

Nice interior.

Price ok.

Very little parking. We normally get parked in meaning we have to go back into the Restaurant to find the culprit - this is annoying and should be rectified by the Restaurant.

Reviewed 2 August 2018

The restaurant is located within a compound so it was a little bit tricky to reach. The security guard by the gate gave me the wrong directions and I ended up walking within the compound to find this the place. Luckily they answered their phone and were extremely patient and helpful in helpng me find them! They waited by the main gate for me.

The restaurant is very nice with simple yet elegant decor. The menu is very simple but complex and leaves you wondering where to start.

The bread basekt was stale and not the greatest way to start the journey, but when my starter arrived (the scallops), oh my so good what a delicious plate (I would just recommend remvong the cherry tomatoes as they dont go well there).

Then for main I went with th beef wellington. The beef was cooked as I wanted (medium) and it was very tender but not too flavourful so it doesn't take away from the pastry and stuffing. It was really delicious and all the tiny sides of veggies were perfect. The puff pastry itself however was kind of falling apart (so only a technical point wasn't the best) but flavour was definatly there.

Then for dessert I opted to have the lemon tart, which kind of lowered my rating of the place (4 star instead of 5). It was more of a type of cheesecake and the presentation was as if they cut out a small piece out of a bigger one that was old and stale. The sides didnt go well with it either, and it was suppose to have raspberries only but more of a fruit salad.

The service was very polite, friendly and helpful. This is defiantly a recommended culinary destination

1  Thank 8SAB8
Reviewed 15 May 2018 via mobile

The certain hype of getting to try the beef wellington had died out, when it was served. It failed on multiple levels, starting with getting a medium rare, when you ask for a welldone. The mushrooms were bland. And the crust was breaking off. But the mas potatos were amazing. They cud have put in some bacons and cheese to make it creamier. The Green pea potato mint soup was nice. The desert plate was too complicated, and not everything was tying in. All in all just a mediocre experience. Expected a bit more.

Reviewed 22 February 2018

I and our friends visited this restaurant for few occasions. it was a real treat. atmosphere was very good. if you are a food lover like to taste the western style modern food this is the place to be. they have special theme nights two times a month. I have been to valentines day. it was packed.

1  Thank palithaweerasinghe
Reviewed 14 January 2018

gratin dish with mushrooms and blue cheese to start, duck for main. Partner had scollops to start then beef tenderloin wrapped in turkey bacon.

quality and presentation was excellent. probably the nicest duck dish I've ever eaten. large portions too.

bread, crisps, olives and water brought to the table whilst we waited.

all in all i was very impressed and i'm sure we will be here regularly if the 1st visit was anything to go by.