Review Highlights

Review of lake baikal

Reviewed 30 November 2019
fachufaheem
via mobile

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 June 2020 via mobile

Hello, dear friends and readers of my review! In this review, I want to tell you about my trip to lake Baikal and the city of Irkutsk in the summer of last year. In General, as in any other trips, I thought about whether it is worth it, and eventually realized that it is definitely worth it. Baikal is the deepest lake and the cleanest reservoir on our planet! In addition, travel is always good and it can not be superfluous.
We took off at night, at five minutes past one from Sheremetyevo airport. The flight took about six hours. They arrived at seven-twenty in the morning.
The next day we went to lake Baikal. To convey that beauty in words, Yes that there are words, even feelings can not be! This pure, untouched nature! Clear, transparent lake! Green grass! Only admiration and nothing more!
Still Baikal (Small sea), and in the distance you can see Irkutsk.This is an unforgettable experience, just unforgettable!
The tour was coming to an end. I decided to buy a couple of Souvenirs as a gift to my relatives.
Now it's time to go back. We went back longer than to the lake itself, but it is not critical and does not matter.
In General, I was satisfied with my journey from the beginning to the very end: Irkutsk is a magnificent city with kind, and most importantly honest people, beautiful buildings and streets, pleasant flora and fauna, clean and untouched nature. Baikal surprised me with its incredible cleanliness, transparency, magnificent nature and people living near it. This is definitely one of the best trips I've taken in my entire life. I learned more than just more about my Homeland. I looked at the life of people outside the capital and was pleasantly surprised. This is the best city I've ever been to. This is the best lake I've ever been to.

Date of experience: July 2019
1  Thank StasTri
Reviewed 10 March 2020

Hi
I've never been but I've heard its brill. My friend said it was absolutely amazing.
According to him If you go from Ulan Ude and on the Trans Siberian Train it is amazing

I really want to go

Date of experience: July 2019
Reviewed 1 December 2019 via mobile

Tremendous amount of time to spend here because of its nature it self great to visit once in a lifetime of happiness and success in your turn to the joy of the Lord be with you and your team work makes sense I know you have to do it on the day of the Lord is with the Lord has made a decision about to leave these place in quite time of year for the first time since this could be a best weekend for far from home .

Date of experience: August 2019
2  Thank fachufaheem
Reviewed 6 November 2019

The lake was still frozen over in March and it was possibly the most phenomenal experience I've ever had. The water is crystal clear and you can see unbelievably deep into the ice that is about 1.5m thick.. Bubbles formed around thin cracks that froze over so the entire experience is surreal. We drove around in army jeeps on the ice, as well as ice skated. Surreal.

Date of experience: March 2019
Reviewed 24 October 2019

The settlement of Listvyanka by Lake Baikal is the most touristy place I have seen in all Siberia. In itself it is not a great attraction, but it is the most convenient place to stay overnight and to organize excursions. When I arrived there in rainy weather, walking from my accomodation on a road just by the water towards the center it was all pretty depressing. Grey sky, grey water and no view across the lake.

It was very different the next day with the sun coming out. Everything grey shifted to blue and the opposite side of the lake was now visible. Bur suddenly also the crowds appeared, mainly locals, who profited from the higher temperatures to enjoy the small beaches and for some to even go into the water.

At the office of Dauria Tours I inquired about tours and booked a 5 hours excursion to the Circum Baikal Railroad with a speedboat. There were just eight of us, an Italian couple, a French family, two Russians and me. A young lady-student from Irkutsk university was our guide. Her English was quite good, but as a guide - from the point of view of organisation and knowledge - she was rather inexperienced.

In any case this excursion gave a chance to see parts of the lake away from Listvyanka, especially beautiful forest sceneries with many birch and larch trees, with ferns, flowers in bloom and mushrooms. The coastline was varied with pebble beaches and rocky cliffs and here one started to get an idea of the beauty of this great lake.

Date of experience: August 2019