Review Highlights
This is not a good place

In 2019, my family and I went to Lake Baikal. This is a very unusual lake. It is the deepest lake... read more

Reviewed 17 June 2020
_Z1054HP
Excursion to lake Baikal

Hello, dear friends and readers of my review! In this review, I want to tell you about my trip to... read more

Reviewed 15 June 2020
StasTri
Stavropol, Russia
via mobile

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 October 2015

I was in Lake Baikal on my own, stopping off from the Trans Siberian Railway and took a 2 day hike with http://5217.co/ I can highly recommend them. My guide Julia is fluent in English and very knowledgeable about the nature in the area - very interesting stuff. She has worked with tourists for a number of years so great at organising and looking after me. Also a great cook - she made fish soup on the beach at lunchtime, made from ingredients from her backpack and a camping stove which was very delicious. We stayed overnight in some cosy log cabins in Bolshie Koty with a great atmosphere and carried on walking up the coast on the second day. The trail is beautiful and very peaceful. They also have lots of other trips on offer but I was limited with time but felt I got the best from my time there. Great to be in the outdoors after travelling on a train.

Date of experience: July 2015
4  Thank RuthieH1
Reviewed 23 October 2015

Travelling on the TransSiberian rail tour with 'Real Russia' currently staying at a fishing village called Listvyanka about an hour from Irkust ( Siberia ) This village is situated on the banks of the Baikal Lake reputable the worlds deepest lake, the village itself is an experience with various food outlets,markets and the moorings of Siberian fishing boats.
Went on a three hour tour of the lake in a speedboat and the sun was blazing a truly unique experience.Put it on your bucket list,I did and glad of it.

Date of experience: October 2015
Reviewed 10 October 2015

Definitely only go in the summer then you could enjoy the Lake other than that there isn't much to see

Date of experience: September 2015
Reviewed 4 October 2015

Beautiful lake especially if you take in a few of the local tourist attractions including the museum and the ski lift to the top of the mountain.

Date of experience: September 2015
Reviewed 1 October 2015

The largest freshwater lake in the world containing around 20% of world freshwater. Camping, fishing, swimming.

Date of experience: June 2015