All reviews eggs payment centre breakfast city sauna
Reviewed 17 May 2017 via mobile

Did I expect more, I must say yes, normal standard, everything good, breakfast normal, maybe I missed a more warm atmosphere, but maybe I was too tired after long flights. I won't be unfair - therefore very good.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 March 2017 via mobile

Good hotel. WiFi. Swimming pool.
Sauna.
Gym.
All included in hotel kost.
The heating doesn't switch of. Like in rest of Russia. But the widows can be opened.
Breakfast OK. Not very special but good.
Rooms are overheated but you can open the window.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 December 2016 via mobile

I had an three night stay here. The room was large and comfortable with an ample bathroom. There was a plumbing issue each morning and I had no cold running water when I arose each day. Shower had to wait as the water was scalding hot. This was generally fixed by the time I returned from breakfast. Even so, pressure in the shower was fairly weak.
Housekeeping will not service your room unless you put out the "Clean my room" placard on the door. The beds are comfortable, but the pillows are only so so.
The restaurant is pretty good. I enjoyed the caviar at breakfast, and had a very good take out meal in my room for dinner one night.
One member of my party had a bad experience with check in. Her room smelled foul, and when she asked for another room was told that there were no other rooms available. Our group leader switched rooms, and took the hotel staff into the room. Amazingly, another room materialized. This left a bad taste for her stay.
The spa is quite nice, and the massages are excellent and very affordable.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business
Julia_Nosova, Менеджер по связям с общественностью at Grand Hotel Astrakhan, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2016

Dear Mr. Stuart,
Thank you very much for your time and for review. We are glad that you have mentioned the menu of our breakfast, the comfort of rooms, the Spa-center.
We are very sorry that we were not able to fully meet your expectations, but we will take into consideration all your wishes and comments to your next stay will be associated only with positive emotions.

Best regards,

Reviewed 29 November 2016 via mobile

Service is good.
Dark interiors, dark rooms. The design on the fan. Looks like two biotoilets outside. It's great that stands of the river view, but a room with a view is much more expensive.
Very small TV in a room.
It's not a 5 stars. 3 I think.
Novomoskovskaya hotel much better. Will stay there next time again. Dona wanna to make experiment)

Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business

Dear Mr. Alexander,

Thank you very much for your time and review. We are glad that you appreciated the location of our hotel in the Volga river.
We are sorry that we could not fully meet your expectation, but we will take into concideration all your comments and wishes to make your next stay more comfortable.

Best regards,

Reviewed 12 September 2016 via mobile

The hotel is "very" Russian and it reminded me of the hotels I have visited in Siberia years ago.
The rooms were basic and functional. The bathroom was clean and everything worked - but it was small and the soap was tiny. The water in the shower was hot but it smelt.
Dinner was a corporate function with a buffet - which was not good. Breakfast was "functional" but nothing special.
The TV in the room as small and the only English speaking channel was the BBC World News. A greater selection would have been much appreciated.
Views from the hotel over the Volga river were spectacular.
The hotel staff try hard and are friendly - this counts for a lot irrespective where you stay.
The hotel was very good value for money - it was not expensive.
I would stay at the hotel again - especially after having stayed there once.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business