1,832 results
All reviews restaurant next door winter palace palace square adjoining restaurant pushkin museum moika river perfect location canal view spilled blood small hotel minute walk comfort room nevsky prospect hot and cold water other attractions underfloor heating russian museum
Reviewed 30 December 2015

This hotel is so perfect! Close to all the key monuments that you can forget taxi or subway. It's a small hotel but it has everything you expect. A very clean room, a great service with smiling people, always ready to help, an excellent breakfast with everything you expect, so really nothing else than perfect!

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 December 2015 via mobile

5 reasons I prefer this small boutique hotel in St. Petersburg to the Four Seasons in Moscow.
1. It's quiet, I had loads is trouble sleeping in Moscow mostly due to the loud voices and partying on my hotel floor. And let's not forget the argument between the rather large Russian man and the woman who appeared to be a drunk prostitute - at 3 am.
2. Genuine staff, the folks who work here are just nice people who work hard and really do want you to enjoy your stay.
3. Just enough, it's not that I didn't like the heated bathroom floor and the huge tub with a remote for the 64" flat screen TV that otherwise is a mirror - but its just too much.
4. Comfortable restaurant, lived the caviar and blinis for breakfast but I'll take homey in the morning over a fancy dining room any day.
5. Local is best, if this is a typical smallish Russian hotel in a large city, I'll skip the chain brands.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 December 2015

Hotel Pushka INN is very well located close to the Hermitage and the Winter Palace which was mainly my motivation to decide for this hotel.
The hotel itself is based in an ancient building which had been renovated to a new modern standard without loosing its traditional character.
The style inside has remained its own typical Petersburg charm and personality, i.e. no standard-interior as known from big hotel-chains. The hotel rooms are completely renovated – new furniture, bathroom, bed – the mattress is not too hard and not too soft. The rooms are brightly lighted but still providing a cozy atmosphere. On the whole everything is in best shape and totally clean.
The breakfast is served in the hotel’s own restaurant. The buffet offers everything you expect in 4-star hotels at best quality - scrambled eggs, omelets etc. are fresh prepared.
The staff’s attitude is absolutely cordial, I felt more as a very welcomed friend than a guest. The staff provided me with valuable recommendations where to go, when and what to visit in addition to the tourist guides.
I really hope that this was not my last visit to St. Petersburg and Pushka INN will definitely be my first choice for the next stay.

Stayed: December 2015
1  Thank Alexander S
Reviewed 20 December 2015

This is a very nice small hotel, with extreme friendly staff. Location is central and walk distance to most of St Petersburg high lights. Breakfast is superb. Location can not be better. Don't look further!!

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank Dawie S
Reviewed 17 December 2015 via mobile

Having stayed here, I can now see why this hotel is rated number one in St Petersburg. Firstly the welcome. Having just flown in tired, they were welcoming from the moment I arrived. Gave me a map, talked about the areas of interest and what days they were open and just made you feel at ease in a new city.

When they found out I was leaving before breakfast they offered, without any prompting to pack food for my journey. Room itself was fairly small (it was a single) but everything I needed. Neat clean and everything working.

Location is excellent, on a lovely side street overlooking the water. Round the corner from the Hermitage and 5 mins from The Church of Spilled Blood, The Russian Museum and The Mikhailovsky Theatre. Would I stay again. Absolutely.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled solo