Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
USD 327
Free cancellation until 30/04/21
USD 368
Free cancellation until 30/04/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
FindHotel
USD 200
Expedia.comUSD 327
eDreamsUSD 368
TravelocityUSD 327
All reviews rooms are large concierge petersburg st english
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 November 2019

The rooms are large and impressively decorated. The staff were all very helpful, especially the concierge Natalyia. Delicious breakfast buffet too. Great location, even though the hotel is on a Main Street, our room was quiet. We definitely will recommend this hotel to others and will stay here during our next visit to St. Petersburg.

Date of stay: October 2019
1  Thank lauren1021_12
Anna S, Front Office Director at Taleon Imperial Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2019

Dear Mrs. Cronin-Wolkov!
Thank you so much for your valuable feedback. We strongly appreciate your positive commenting and sharing your experience of visiting the Taleon Imperial Hotel, and sincerely hope to welcome you and your friends during your future visits to St. Petersburg.

Best regards,
Sitnikov Sergey
Front Office Director

Reviewed 20 September 2019

So my brother and I stayed at the Taleon for 4 nights in September. The rooms were solid, but the hotel fell short in many other categories.

Location: pretty decent. It's close to many of the main sites in city center. That being said, there are tons of hotels with good if not better location.

Rooms: solid. Clean and comfortable. Nice bathrooms with good showers. A/C was available.

Service: not great in my opinion. Here's an example. I asked the concierge Natalia to book us a train reservation. It's a known thing that booking through an agency will increase the ticket price by about 50%. I knew exactly what train I wanted, so I asked her to book through rzd.ru - basically book direct. She apologized and told me they always go through an agency because it's easier. I'm sure it is easier for the concierge. But as a patron of the hotel, I expect the concierge to work on my behalf not just do the easiest thing and pass cost to me. Not a big deal, but a good example of the level of service we received at the Taleon. Of note, our hotel in Moscow clued me into booking direct and advised me not to go through an agency because of the price hike.

Bar: pretty bad. Something about the configuration along with a big gaudy flat screen stuck in the middle of the place makes for a terrible place to enjoy a drink.

Front desk: mixed reviews. Some were nice and some were just adequate. My brother dropped off some postcards to be mailed with postage already attached. He still had to pay 100 rubles/postcard. I am still blown away by that.

Spa: standard massage. Nothing special. The lead up to the massage was awkward for many reasons. Here's an example. Once we booked, they told us to change into robes in our rooms and then come back to the spa. I asked if they had some dressing rooms, and the spa reception confirmed, I needed to change in my room first. I'm not shy, but it was weird considering they have dressing rooms.

In short, the Taleon was totally adequate, but in my opinion, we paid a premium for subpar service.

1  Thank Chris B
Reviewed 18 September 2019 via mobile

Beautiful hotel but outdated when it comes to 5 star amenities - staff very strict and rude at times

Ex had early morning train and wouldn’t give us any coffee before we left even though it was 715 and breakfast opened at 730 they said we have to wait

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank jenna18372
Anna S, Front Office Director at Taleon Imperial Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2019

Dear Guest!

Thank you for having taken the time to share the valuable concerns about your experience with us. I am naturally disappointed to learn that you did not enjoy your stay with us and would like to sincerely apologize for this.

I would like to assure you that we constantly strive to achieve only the highest level of quality, service and hospitality and I truly regret that we fell short delivering on our promise.

While the lack of service you experienced is unusual for our hotel, there is no excuse for a such a lackadaisical attitude of our employees. Discussions involving the respective team members and myself have taken place, in order to review your comments regarding the situation with the breakfast, so please be assured that we have taken all measures to prevent а recurrence of similar errors in the future.

I am really sorry for the annoyance this incident caused and I hope that this situation did not spoil the impression about your stay. Hope that you choose the Taleon Imperial Hotel again during your next trip to Saint-Petersburg, so we will be able to provide you with our best accommodation and service.

Best regards, Sergey S. Front Office Director

Reviewed 10 September 2019 via mobile

The hotel is located on Nevsky Prospect. Which is ideal to walk to all the main sights and museums. The metro, bus and train station are close. There are many restaurants and bars nearby.
The hotel is situated in a unique building, a old palace. There are many beautiful chandeliers, marble and ornaments. But I think extra floors are fitted in, what makes it look a bit strange and you can easily get lost. Some of the lights are not on, which makes it a bit dark. I would advise the hotel to light up the hotel better.
We had a very spacious room and a double bathroom. The interior is old fashioned, but in good condition. Breakfast was nice, with enough choices and a egg station.
Drinks and the minibar are a bit expensive.
The food in the Victoria restaurant is truly amazing and not expensive. It also has a nice terrace overlooking a part of the city. I recommend to eat there!
The pool and spa are very nice as well.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank 80suzanb
Anna S, Front Office Director at Taleon Imperial Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2019

Dear Suzan!
Thank you very much for choosing our hotel for your stay in Saint-Petersburg and for sharing your experience. Your valuable comments are much appreciated and for sure will be taken into consideration by the management. We hopefully look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Best regards,
Sergey S
Front Office Director

Reviewed 2 September 2019

Just wanted to write a public thank you to the reservation and sales staff at the Taleon Imperial. I had to cancel my entire trip to the Baltic because my mother was diagnosed with terminal cancer. The Taleon staff were humane and understanding (unlike The Kamp in Helsinki) and did a complete refund of the entire fare, even though it was non-refundable. I wanted to highlight this because it is what you would expect from a Leading Hotels and Resorts property which is not always the case! Thank you Taleon!

Date of stay: August 2019