All reviews breakfast is served charming hotel small hotel train station nevsky prospekt location was perfect speak good english good size nikita moscow bathroom luggage petersburg
Reviewed 26 October 2017 via mobile

Great location, though a small hotel. friendly and helpful staff. Setback- no lift and not an ideal place to sit or relax at the lobby. breakfast is served at rm service. very nice bathroom. Not a choice if you are staying for more than 3 nights.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tan E
Martin10052011, Управляющий at Martin Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2018

Dear Guest! We thank you for choosing our hotel and your feedback! We are glad that you liked the location of the hotel, friendly staff, breakfasts and interior. We will be glad to see you at our hotel again! Best Regards, Your Hotel Martin

Reviewed 1 August 2017

I stayed there with my 14-years old daughter for 4 nights on July, 2017. We live in the USA and spoiled by the good service here. We didn't expect such a wonderful service at this hotel and were pleasantly surprised. Everybody smiled and was very helpful with whatever we needed.
We chose breakfast menu every day and it was served in our room. The room was clean and comfortable, bathroom was also clean and had music playing there. Which was very nice.
The location is just a couple blocks away off Nevsky Prospekt and 10-15 minutes walk from the train station.
Very friendly and thoughtful staff. I would highly recommend it to everyone.

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 21 April 2017 via mobile

Must note that the service is amazing and the rooms are in a generous attitude. Close to everything just strongly recommended and free of course the food is good The only drawback is that you can not smoke in the room but there is a patio terrace outside that is great

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 April 2017

My family of four had a wonderful stay here. This hotel is conveniently located on Marata Street, just off Nevesky Avenue. It's close to the train station (a 10-minute walk) and Nevesky Prospekt - undoubtedly the most happening place in the city. There are plenty of cafes, coffee shops, upscale restaurants and supermarkets nearby. The room that we got for our family of four is a room (#3) downstairs with a large king-sized bed and we asked for an extra bed for which we were charged a reasonable 2600 roubles for 4 nights. The check-in was a breeze assisted by Nikita.
Please allow me to digress for a bit, to express my appreciation of this gentleman. I feel that dedicated and customer-friendly staff like him make all the differece in any establishment. Nikita speaks fluent English and went beyond the call of duty to help us out on many occasions. He assisted me with locating and then getting a local Russian SIM card. When my Uber account stopped working he booked a cab using his acocunt (I paid cash to the Uber driver) and gave me a taxi number to call if required. Unfortunately, the number didn't work when I needed it and we were kinda stranded. I called Nikita and he arranged for a taxi to meet us where we were (giving directions to a driver in Russian about the meeting point in a foreign land is no easy thing). He continued to be helpful until our check-out.

The hotel may lack a "curb appeal", sandwiched as it is between cafes and supermarkets on either side. But the rooms are decently large, bathrooms clean (seemed recently renovated) and quite comfortable. There is a small "restaurant" where you can have food and drinks. But, as suggested by some reviewers, we preferred to eat outside in the cafes and restaurants next door. We really could not find anything as a negative in this family and budget friendly hotel with a great location. Would stay here again, and recommend this place to others.

Room tip: We had room 3 on the same level as the reception (which is on the 1st floor) - seemed recently renovated.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 16 April 2017 via mobile

Very good location the rooms are stylish, clean and functional.
Very good value for Money.
But if you are a buffet breakfast person the you need to pass, at least for now.
You will be served only what you order the day before and you will have to eat in the corridor where a kind of bar is set up.
The receptionists are very friendly, the waiters, apart from one guy, would need some proper waiting skills.
All over positive and would consider it again.

Trip type: Travelled on business