“Best quality food we had in St. Petersburg, good service.”
Review of Botanika

Botanika
Ranked #176 of 10,702 Restaurants in St. Petersburg
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Liteyny
Reviewed 1 November 2011

Keeping in mind that we did not dine out at very expensive places, this was the best quality food we had during our 4 days in St. Petersburg. We stopped in for lunch one day. Service was quick and friendly. The vegetable curry, a good quantity of fresh vegetables in a mild curry sauce, was delicious. The veggie burger was great and served with good oven fries. Doesn't sound so impressive as I write this, but the quality of the ingredients really stood out for us. We tried Russian food early in the trip but were so glad to get good, fresh, colorful, vegetarian food (we are not vegetarians) at Botanika.

Reviewed 19 October 2011

Not just nirvana in St Petersburg for veggies but a great place by every restaurant metric. Of course, if u don't like delicious food served by attentive, friendly people in a relaxed and somewhat Bohemian atmosphere you probably won't dig Botanika. Needless to say, we did.

Reviewed 13 August 2011

we ate here (twice) and each time was great. the place is clean - food clean - waiters friendly - a great place to just chill. they have a little play area for kids too which is always great (if you have kids).

i particularly enjoyed the mayan bar dessert......... recommend it to one and all.

1  Thank RestHelp
Reviewed 15 July 2011

Not usually my first choice to eat in a vegetarian restaurant, but after reading many positive reviews, I took my chance, and I wasn't disappointed.

"Worldwide" cuisine, I guess based on Russian dishes, with an Oriental touch (Middle-East, India, further Asia).

And the service was much better than the average service you get in St. Petersburg restaurants.

2  Thank EnergizeMe
Reviewed 8 July 2011

One of the few bona fide vegetarian restaurants in the St Petersburg metro area, and easily the best meal of my visit. I had 4 small blini with honey (delicious), a bowl of borscht, and a soy wrap sandwich. Cost for the three dishes was 660 rubles (about $24)—not cheap, but it kept me full for the day. The interior decoration was hip and modern, and there was a separate two-level play area for kids. This place could relocate to California and compete there successfully. Grade: A.

3  Thank ericgoldman