See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 11 July 2017

Location not bad for the bus station and the southern train station - walkable without luggage, and taxi 100 to 300 rubles depending on your luck. Clean and adequate, but don't leave it too late for an evening meal. No complaints, except you should ignore the sign saying that the restaurant is open until midnight.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 November 2016

I needed a hotel close to Yuzhny Train Station due to my early Bus to Gdansk and late return back. There are not so many options near the station. Berlin is one of them. It is located about 10 minutes walk from the station. The road (if you can call it) is not very nice. It has many holes and during the rain all these holes are full of dirty water. You must go under the bridge with dripping water, scary at night.
Reception - works 24 hours. Some staff are friendly, some are not. But they will help you to get around the city.
Rooms - are small, clean and nice. You can hear your neighbors and traffic. there is no air-conditioner. TV has very few channels and remote controls are often out of batteries. 3 power outlets help a lot. There is no wardrobe in singles, only hangers for clothes, which is not very convenient, but ok.
Bathroom is small and clean. Hair-dryer is great. Soap and shampoo are ok.
Cleaning is good.
Breakfast is not included in room price. Costs 350 Rubles.
Overall impression is quite good.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the first/second floor. Upper floors are colder.
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Serval47
Reviewed 29 July 2016 via mobile

We visited the Hotel Berlin during a cycling tour from Gdansk to Tallinn in July 2016. It served as our basis for a trip to the province (Gusev). For us, the hotel was a very good choice and can certainly recommend it. The pro's and con's are as follows :

+ very clean
+ spacious, comfortable rooms
+ good bed, good shower, nice furniture
+ very close to the train station and the bus station. Perfect starting point to tours through the region.
+ friendly staff. We left our bicycles and luggage for some days without any complaints. Staff helped us to find the right buses to take to go to Gusev
+ rooms are now equipped with mosquito nets at the windows. Windows can be left open
+ fridge in the room

- the hotel is located between one of the main streets and a bus depot. Can be very noisy
- the restaurant is a bit.... stiff
- a bit far to the city centre (... is there any..?), but a nice 20 minutes walk to the dome.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 June 2016

Chose this hotel as was arriving by train and departing by bus the following day and it is conveniently located just a short walk from both. I was there for just 1 night so worked well for me but if I was to visit again I would consider something in the city itself.

Reception friendly with broken English but we managed!

Room was a single occupancy and was small, but for an overnight stay not a problem.

Bathroom was small but again no issue.

Had dinner in the hotel restaurant which was adequate and breakfast was basic but enough to start the day off.

Overall very good value and good location for transport links.

Would I stay here again? Yes if just doing a transit stop.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 August 2014

The reason I chose this hotel was the price. I was surprised how clean it was which was nice.
If you use public transportation you will appreciate how convenient the location is. We traveled by car, and we never had a problem with parking our car in their parking lot.
I stayed there with my dad for five days. We had a Junior Suit on the Fifth floor.
Every day we had our sheets changed and the floor vacuumed.
There was a fan, soap and body wash with shampoo and conditioner in the bathroom. I would recommend that you bring your own soap, because their soap doesn't foam. I felt like my hands were not clean after using it. I didn't try their shampoo, because I brought my own. The body wash was fine though.
WiFi worked excellent.
Their safe didn't work at first, because the battery was dead. I called reception and they sent someone to fix it. By the way, the guy who they sent to our room was very friendly. Russians are not that friendly in general ;)) Lol.
Breakfast was tasty! There was a great variety of food. We paid 350 rubles per person after each breakfast.
I asked the receptionist to reserve taxi to the airport for me for the next morning. Taxi arrived on time. During the check out the receptionist called their mate to check my room. It turned out I forgot my jacket. It's good they made this call. :)
Unfortunately, I have to say what I didn't like about this hotel.
There was no air conditioner in our room. It was extremely hot :( We had to keep the windows open in order to get air in our room.
Mosquitoes got to the room through the windows and really bothered us.
I had so many mosquito bites. :( It looked like I had big acne on my legs and arms.
Falling asleep was hard, because it was very loud. I could hear every car driving.
Horrible experience!
There was no power outlet by the bed. I had to put my phone to charge (by the front door).
For some reason, our mate didn't clean dust in our room. Luckily the floor was clean and the sheets and towels changed.
The hotel is located in the center of the city, so if you drive, expect to get stuck in traffic sometimes.
The receptionists were not always nice. Some of them didn't even say hi when they saw us.
I was leaving the hotel by myself in the morning. I had two suitcases and a backpack. The guard was there at the moment I was leaving and he didn't even help me. My last impressions of this hotel wasn't good...
I would recommend this hotel for winter time. When it's not hot and Mosquitoes won't bother you.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family