“Average ”

Palau Fish
Ranked #41 of 1,029 Restaurants in Vladivostok
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: PALAU FISH – is a specialized fish restaurant, with a chef cuisine. Cooks of the restaurant every day presents to guests new accents of seafood and invent unique flavoring combinations. Restaurant menu is multi gastronomical, you may taste not only fish and seafood, but also meat, duck, vegetables and desserts. In PALAU FISH presented popular dishes of the international kitchen, both in classical and in modern way of cooking.
Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

The service was average. I had the fried seafood dim sum because it looked better than the steamed one in the menu picture. It was disappointing with very little filling. The local crab was offered rather than the King Crab as I was a solo traveler. It was delicious but has left me with an allergic reaction it seems as I’ve been up all night as it has not digested and my body is itching.. first time I’ve ever had an allergic reaction to crab.

Reviewed 19 May 2018 via mobile

We went as a group of 4 friends and we all had a great dinner.

I had the Russian seafood soup, which was very flavorful and the pieces of seafood in there were fresh tasting. The seafood noodle was also very delicious.

We all shared a big crab. They first showed us the live crab and took a bit of time to prepare it. Though they provided a few condiments to eat with the crab, like soysauce, wasabi, butter, lemon, none of that was needed. It tasted the best when eaten as is.

Overall, this is a very good restaurant.

1  Thank SuperRadiationBoy
Reviewed 19 May 2018

We got a 3.5 kg crab to share, and each of us also got a couple of other dishes. The other dishes included grilled sturgeon, octopus salad, Russian seafood soup, black spaghetti with seafood, white spaghetti with seafood, tuna in crispy coating, and a couple of other dishes. They were all of a very high quality, and which you preferred depended mostly on your taste.

The menu has pictures of every item. The staff's English is not terrible but not great, but we had no trouble communicating and not one mistake was made in the order even though we had ordered about 20 items. Not all the stuff on the menu is available--uni was not, for example.

The service was Russian style: correct but not exceptionally friendly. I prefer to have both, but if I have to just choose one, prefer accuracy to fake friendliness. There were no delays to the service.

We did not order wine. The wine list sported Western wines and Western prices. We did order a lot of fizzy water and other drinks though, and no dessert. The dinner ultimately came to just under R15,000, of which 10,000 was the crab, and the piles and piles of other food were only R5000.

Bottom line:
1. You can have a high-quality, low-price meal here if you don't order the crab.
2. The crab is heavenly, worth every ruble. You should order the crab. If you can't afford it, starve for 2 days and then order the crab.

2  Thank intrepid1406
Reviewed 19 December 2017

Palau had a promising menu and got a mention in the Trans-Siberian Handbook, but it turned out to be indifferent. I had half a dozen local oysters, They were the biggest I’d ever eaten, each one two mouthfuls at least, but also the most tasteless even when served with ginger; the kitchen staff had managed to make that taste of not very much as well. The ‘local seafood mix’ with which I followed them was no more than fishcakes. They were bland. The black rice they came with was bland. My wife didn’t order a whole Kamchatka king crab, but just bits of it; they were overdone and so had a rubbery carapace. Only the tempura vegetables were tolerable, and the prosecco once it had been chilled properly. The staff were dour.

Reviewed 7 December 2017

If I get to choose one restaurant to visit again in the city this place is gonna be my first choice without any doubt. Try the scallops it is phenomenal.

1  Thank TerryKimm