Lowest prices for your stay
USD 72
USD 66
Booking.comUSD 72
Hotels.comUSD 72
eDreamsUSD 72
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 October 2018 via mobile

I stayed here for a night this week- having spent the past few nights in traditional Russian regional hotels (ie not very good ones!), Nachalnik was a welcome surprise.
The receptionist (who was also the waitress, and chef!) was very friendly and spoke good English.
I stayed in the 'Forest' room which was delightful. Beautifully decorated, with a very comfortable soft bed, plenty of sitting and storage space and was spotlessly clean. The ensuite had good shower pressure and plenty of towels plus a bathrobe/slippers provided.
Breakfast was a bit lacking in variety, but what was there was good, and the porridge is particularly nice.
The location is great- very close to the waterfront (which is stunning at sunset) and about 15mins walk from the centre along a straight road. Taxi to the airport costs about 1500rub and takes 35 minutes.
All in all a fantastic stay, and I'd thoroughly recommend the Nachalnik to anyone needing a hotel in Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 23 August 2018

I stayed at Hotel Nachalnik for 5 nights in July 2018 and it was absolutely perfect.

Location: compared to the other major hotels in Petropavlovsk (Avacha, Geyser, Petropavlovsk), the location is much better. Just 5 minutes to walk to the Vulcanarium, 7 minutes to the waterfront, 10 minutes to the main square and 15 minutes to the Galant Shopping Complex.

Building: the hotel Nachalnik has also much more charme than the major hotels. It is not a huge concrete building, but a small building with wooden facade. I had the budget room – it has no windows, but it is lovely decorated like a wooden hut. Really great and I loved this place very much.

Breakfast: cooked breakfast is included and you have the choice of eggs, porridge or caviar.

Staff: All the three ladies at the reception have been very kind

Transfers: I had booked airport transfers for arrival and departure and they have been on time and the driver was also a nice guy.

I am very happy, that I stayed at Hotel Nachalnik. It is a wonderful place.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 20 August 2018 via mobile

Good location - walking distance to city center, museums, also to fish market and to several good restaurants.
Staff is kind and helpful.
I really liked the breakfast. Though it's not very healthy :) but toasts with caviar feels right on Kamchatka!
Free tea and coffee all day; one can also use the fridge and dry room to dry clothes.
Good wi fi.
We had room on 2nd floor, it was quiet, good shower, a bit on the small side but enough space.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank anchi100
Reviewed 17 August 2018

There aren't any good hotels in Petropavlovsk by western standards. The only two main hotels "Avacha" and "Pertopavlovsk" are average with the Petropavlovsk being the better one. I stayed in those 2 hotels briefly, and at the end of my trip I stayed at Nachalnik Kamchatki, which I found as the better choice. Nice newly remodeled rooms, clean. Kind of dated bed covers and towels like sand paper, but ok. Wifi worked most of the time. Limited breakfast.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for four nights. In the last night we had to move to the Yaranga room. A room with no windows, no fresh air. Simply unacceptable. The other nights we stayed in a standard room. Beds are average, breakfast basic but all was very clean.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple