1,469 results
All reviews shopping mall business district metro station business hotel business trip nespresso machine big mall executive room modern hotel walk in shower excellent hotel easy access excellent stay double bed hotel restaurant red square expocenter
Reviewed 15 June 2016

Nice hotel. Clean and efficient superior room. Real nice bathroom with double doors and a rainfall shower. No bathtub. View out the room is not outside but to the atrium.
I think the rooms on the other side may look out to the city. Not sure. Better ask when checking in. Location is right next ( 1 min walk) to a major shopping mall so access to all you may need or have forgotten at home is there. That being said you are a 30 min. metro ride to places like the Kremlin and major attractions. Subway at the mall is good. Big, brand new, chrome and glass and feels more like a futuristic major airport. Nice and efficient and clean. Wait for the train is every 10 minutes.

Food at the hotel is very good. Breakfast buffet is a extremely good. Highly recommend. See the video on the hotel website. It is accurate. I may stay closer to city center next time but this was a very good experience. I speak only english and had no problem at all when at the hotel. My Russian wife was also pleased with the care at the hotel. Downtown buildings are impressive. Look at the aerial drone video posted on Youtube. It gives a good account of what to expect. Not too many restaurants close. Expect a 20 minute walk to the area containing more places to eat. Near the Crowne Plaza. See google maps

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
Anna_Bakumenko, Quality & Attitude Manager at Novotel Moscow City, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2016

Dear Michael,
Thank you for your detailed comment!We are glad to know you enjoyed your stay with us! Let me kindly add that there are rooms with bathtubs. And half of room have an inside -view, another half- outside-view. While booking us, kinldy communicate your preferences and we will do our best to meet them according to availbility.
Looking forward to welcoming you back & Sincerely,

Reviewed 14 June 2016

Firstly I'd like to say the location of this hotel is superb, it is literally around the corner from a huge mall, and about 4 minutes walk from the Moscow Metro, it couldn't be any better, superbly placed if you are there on business also.

The rooms themselves are compact but immaculately well taken care of, plenty of storage space, a desk for a laptop, and a small fridge/safe and kettle all in a handy unit by the Television.

The wifi connection is good, and the views can range from the superb (2nd visit) to the awful (1st visit, I was facing an interior office building!)

However there are a couple of small issues that cost it a top mark.

Firstly the shower water, this will depend on your skin, but something in the water cause my and my fiancee's skin to get hyper sensitive after showering, so that after showering the skin would itch, or almost burn when in contact with material, this seemed to occur on and off during both stays, this could just be a 'Moscow Water' issue though, as I have so far only stayed at this hotel.

Secondly, I was overcharged on my room service bill, I'd ordered roughly £10 of food (burger/fries) upon my arrival at the hotel, and nothing afterwards due to the previously mentioned mall offering a wide range of restaurants. However upon checkout I received a bill for £35 worth of food charges, which had I noticed at the time I would have debated.

Thirdly and perhaps most worryingly I left some bags with the desk, but upon my return I discovered the shopping bag had been opened,. I don;t know if it fell, or if someone nosed around, but as we were now in a rush I didn't have time to check until i opened the bag to get my tickets at the station, at which time I discovered the 'liquids' in the bag had burst and completely ruined several items clothing/tickets inside, which caused a whole slew of problems.

I'm not sure how this happened, but I assume it must have been knocked or fallen off the shelf while it was in the 'bagroom' but no one bothered to tell us.

Either way the overcharges and the bag problem were a big disappointment after what had otherwise been a perfect New years stay in Moscow. (the water issue I cannot solely attribute to Novotel)

I am returning to this hotel at the end of this month, and hopefully there will be not be a repeat issue.

Stayed: December 2015

Dear Mr.Jameson,
Thank you for your comment. We are glad to know you benefited from our location & room facilities. However, we sincerely regret your shower experience was not nice. We also have to admit this is the first time our guests complain regarding the water (we have guests from all around the world) and we check the quality of the water on the regular basis ourselves (our hotel was certified with ISO 14001 last year where all those crutioal points as water & air quality are under constant control). But we will defintely take your comment into account and investigate the case as well as the one with the luggage and room charge.
We're looking forward to welcoming you shortly and will do our best to make your stay the most enjoyable one!

Reviewed 2 June 2016 via mobile

While this is a new property it has surprisingly unclean feeling to it.

It is ideally located if you have business to do in the City business district as it is walking distance to all he towers. However this is where good news ends.

The hotel has a very cold feeling to it. The reception and bar area are very basic.

The rooms are uncomfortable and smell of tobacco even though it is supposed to be a non smoking hotel. There's a feeling of cheap three star accommodation and it feels unclean.

I would not recommend it to a fellow business traveler.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business
2  Thank D K
Anna_Bakumenko, Quality & Attitude Manager at Novotel Moscow City, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2016

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your comment! We are glad you appreciated our location. However, we sincerely regret you left with rather dissapointing overall impression. Our hotel is a non-smoking, but unfortunately not all the guest follow the rule. Thus, tobacco smell went to your room through ventilation. Thank you for letting us know, we are currently working on the restrictions. If you face any inconvinice we would appreciate you contact our Duty Manager (ext 888) who will be glad to immediately react on the problem or demand.
We sincerely hope to welcome you back!

Reviewed 29 May 2016

Location is easy access to metro and hotel is near a large shopping mall with plenty of eating places and stores including an exceptional grocery store with fresh fruit, meats, cheese and baked goods and liquor of all kinds.

Room Tip: This area's buildings all light up at night. Very chic and most modern place in Moscow.
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank norieinportland
Anna_Bakumenko, Quality & Attitude Manager at Novotel Moscow City, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2016

Dear Norien,
Thank you for your feedback! . It is such a pleasure to know that you enjoyed your stay with us! For your future stay, please, make sure you benefit from our Loyalty program Le Club Accorhotels by reserving us online on our official website directly.
Thank you once again for you wonderful comment & Sincerely,

Reviewed 23 May 2016

It is actually very nice hotel for moderate price - medium room with enough space, clean, tidy, good working desk, nice bathroom. Breakfast was excellent, fast wifi (not typical for a free wifi), good gym. Location is excellent for business (and exhibitions, which was the reason for my visit) but also a few minutes walk to two metro stations - easy access to city centre. The only (but minor) disadvantage was a bit noisy air conditioning fan.
The staff is friendly and made my stay really pleasant.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business