See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 22 April 2015

My friend and I stayed here for a whole week on our first visit to Moscow from the UK.
Staff were helpful and friendly, Free Hot Tea, Free Wifi and Clean Rooms. Will definately stay here again! Best Price in Moscow for location, fairly central and to all main tourist sights including Red Square. 5 Stars!

Room Tip: Choose the hotel part, has ensuite bathroom.
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 April 2015

Before arriving I was slightly doubtful because of the bad reviews Basilica Hotel had gotten, but what do you know: my expectations were met and exceeded.

I had some difficulties to find the place, but locals helped (I was on the wrong side of the big street). The location is otherwise good, 10 minutes walk to Kitay Gorod metro, 20 minutes with a brisk walk to the Red Square or Tretjakov Gallery, 40 minutes to Pushkin Gallery etc. There are nice restaurants/cafes nearby, a pharmacy, etc.

Stayed in a room with a queen sized bed which was very good for me, BUT I can imagine for anybody taller than 160 cm it can be be a bit short to sleep in. Room was quiet even if it was on the first floor and windows were to the street. No problems with disturbances at all. Heating worked almost too well, but it was nice to have a warm room to come to from the cold outside.

Washroom was rather big and there was always hot water - although with a boiler you always have to let it run for a while before heating up. The hair dryer you have to get from the reception every time you need it.

Didn't have breakfast, because comparing to the prices at the nearby cafes, it was just not worth it (200/300 roubles, coffee costs extra). But apparently they serve it to your room, which I find a nice touch.

The reception girl was at first a bit cold and distant, but it was probably due to language problems, because in the end we ended up communicating fine and friendly via internet translator.

Room Tip: Queen-sized bed room had enough room for me and very quiet
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 January 2015

Room 11 was terrible: no radiator in winter, no hot shower and a broken bed.
The biggest problem is the reception girls: they are absolutely rude and no interested to make the staying comfortable at all. Check-in was late even when we asked for an early check-in and the check-out was a problem again as "I woke up a reception girl at 9am asking may we check out at 10am". Nobody is at the reception ever..you have to call them on mobile and you might get lucky if they will come to the reception. It could have been better if the Room 11 was fixed and the stuff would be friendly. Simple

Room Tip: do not trust photos
  • Stayed: January 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 September 2014

Lots of noise,strange men coming and going and scantilly clad very young women all about...oh and room was complete with a red lamp in the window?!

had 3 nights here...location is actually good for getting to all local attractions and easy acces to metro line.

breakfast was nice and served in room(thank goodness)

Didn't get much sleep and found a few cockroaches...overall it did what it said on the tin...cheap rough and ready with no frills.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 28 June 2014

I have stayed at Room #13 :) .Hotel receptionist is very friendly,helpful and speaking very good english .Hotel is 15-20 Min to Red Square and subway station by walking.If you are looking for a place below $50/night.I believe Basilica hotel is the best options compare to other hostels/ no-star hotels. I strongly recommend if you are just looking for a cheap place to sleep.

Room Tip: Choose Room #13 . I believe this room is mostly empty that's why its bathroom is in a very good condition.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo