“Don't even bother”
Review of Molo Mansion Cafe

Molo Mansion Cafe
Ranked #275 of 341 Restaurants in Iloilo City
Reviewed 7 July 2018

Our last day in Iloilo, we decided to explore the city. First on the list was the Molo Mansion, which had the added bonus of being in walking distance to our hotel. Since it was nearing lunch, we decided to cool off at the cafe surrounded by a beautiful garden.

We thought it was great. Until it wasn't. I get angry just remembering the incredibly bad service. Unfortunately, Trip Advisor doesn't accept profanity in their reviews.

I'm a pretty patient person when it comes to the food service/retail industry. But, man, it was my first time getting legit snubbed by people.

The situation: We're three young female tourists, enchanted by this cute-sy little cafe. There's only one other table occupied by a group of women who also look like tourists and who look to be about done with their drinks.

The rest of the tables were free. We grab a table by the flowers. My friends explore the place, taking different shots of the Mansion, while I approach the 'artisan' ice cream stand.

I order the Blue Tarnate Flower ice cream (as listed on their menu). She answers me shortly that it's unavailable. I ask if they have the Dragon Fruit Ice Cream then. She says she'll go check. She leaves while I just stand there taking pictures of the place.

5min pass and my friends are back asking what I got. I say I'm still waiting for the lady to come back so they head back to our table to chat. The other lady manning the kiosk was ignoring me even when I tried to catch her eye.

My friend got up and went to the lady and asked if she could have fresh coconut juice (they had a pile of coconuts on display) and it was listed on their board. The lady says they'll serve it. (Our table was just a meter away from the ice cream stand)

We go back to our seats and chat. Later, a group of older gentlemen arrive and look around at what's available. One of the men orders coconut juice. The lady immediately goes and chops one up. My friend's like "wtf"??

Then I notice the lady I asked about the ice cream come back, and completely ignores me even when we make eye contact and proceeds to busy herself moving stuff around on display.

We got pissed so we just left. Good thing there was another cafe right beside it. Sabor Ilonggo, whose staff was super friendly and inviting and really knew how to sell food. Their tables were also very cute and had great atmosphere.

TL;DR: DON'T EVEN BOTHER WITH THIS CAFE, JUST GO STRAIGHT TO THE ONE BESIDE IT, SABOR ILONGGO.