I stayed at the Marco Polo, Cebu for two weeks in March, 2012. I live in Chicago, Illinois; so this was a long trip and simplicity, comfort and hospitality were necessities for me during my stay in Cebu.
My stay at the Marco Polo was everything I had hoped for, and then some. The hotel staff is over-the-top courteous. Right from the moment I had a staff-member waiting for me at Cebu airport with a cab, everything was professional and friendly. The rooms are comfortably furnished. I liked the convenient placement of many electrical outlets in the room (as a frequent traveler in the US, I'm constantly disappointed by the paucity of this much-needed fixture in even high-end hotels).
The breakfast buffet is sumptuous. The selection of seafood and fresh fruit makes for a wonderfully healthy start of one's day.
I highly recommend the BLU bar and grill atop the hotel. The fresh breeze that works its way from up the valley will be enjoyable enough; however, the food with augment the experience, too!
The concierge desk was instrumental in arranging a weekend excursion for me and my colleagues. They were also helpful in finding out local restaurants that fit our tastes -- especially since one of our colleagues is a vegetarian (vegetarianism is exceedingly difficult to adhere to in Cebu, if you know the city).
Small conveniences like the ATM in the lobby, the Business Center, and the quaint little gift shop under the grand staircase add functionality to the hotel.
As homesick as I was at the end of the two weeks, I was a bit sad to check out of the hotel at the end of the two weeks. My experience was enjoyable with exception and I would be happy to stay at Marco Polo when I return to Cebu.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Marco Polo Plaza Cebu is nestled at the prestigious Nivel Hills providing a spectacular view of Cebu City and Mactan Island. Be it business or vacation, stay at Cebu City's Finest hotel, the Marco Polo Plaza Cebu. Marco Polo Plaza Cebu is a 24 storey hotel with 329 well-appointed guest rooms including suites with fine amenities, 24 hour security and safety measures and free Wi-Fi internet. A trip to the "Queen City of the South" in the Philippines - Cebu, is a culinary journey. Marco Polo Plaza Cebu is hailed as a dining destination of Cebu City. Dubbed as the "Best Buffet in Cebu City", Cafe Marco attracts diners to feast on Filipino, Continental and Western cuisine. It is awarded as Top 5 Restaurant in the Philippines by the prestigious Miele Guide in 2013. Blu Bar & Grill is an ultimate dining experience in Cebu City. From a thousand feet above sea level, it offers a panoramic view of Cebu City and Mactan Island. The glamorous Philippine Tattler awards it as one of Philippines' Best Restaurants. Marco Polo Plaza Cebu is a choice Cebu venue for meetings, conferences and celebrations. Its lavish Grand Ballroom and function rooms can accommodate up to 2,500 guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, lastminute.com.au and Asiatravel.com Holdings so you can book your Marco Polo Plaza Cebu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marco Polo Plaza Hotel Cebu City
- Marco Polo Plaza Cebu Cebu Island/Cebu City