We stayed in a Junior Suite for 6 nights during their Holy Week. From the security guards to the lobby hostesses to the wait staff to the pool boys to the chef to the managers - all the way around the friendliest and nicest group of people you will ever encounter. Everyone was more than willing to provide you with whatever you needed to meet your needs and all done with such great smiles.
The room was well equipped with great bathroom amenities, and a lovely welcome basket of fruits. The cleaning staff did an excellent job daily while the wait staff bent over backwards to make sure your table was always cleaned and drinks refilled. Their buffet always had great variety, and the lovely restaurant manager was quite gracious (didn't get his name).
Our only complaint would be the influx of locals during that week due to their local rate promotion of $70 while the rest of us paid somewhere around the $200 per night range. The pool and buffet just simply wasn't big enough to accommodate everyone and their huge families, and it was a huge cluster of people and kids body checking each other at the buffet line and pool. The pool was full by 9 am with kids running amok (dive bombs and all!) as their nannies chased after them until 9 pm that night. There were never any available pool loungers. It was no way to relax :(
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Marco Polo Plaza Cebu is nestled at the prestigious Nivel Hills providing a spectacular view of Cebu City and Mactan Island. Be it business or vacation, stay at Cebu City's Finest hotel, the Marco Polo Plaza Cebu. Marco Polo Plaza Cebu is a 24 storey hotel with 329 well-appointed guest rooms including suites with fine amenities, 24 hour security and safety measures and free Wi-Fi internet. A trip to the "Queen City of the South" in the Philippines - Cebu, is a culinary journey. Marco Polo Plaza Cebu is hailed as a dining destination of Cebu City. Dubbed as the "Best Buffet in Cebu City", Cafe Marco attracts diners to feast on Filipino, Continental and Western cuisine. It is awarded as Top 5 Restaurant in the Philippines by the prestigious Miele Guide in 2013. Blu Bar & Grill at the penthouse is an ultimate dining experience in Cebu City. From a thousand feet above sea level, it offers a panoramic view of Cebu City and Mactan Island. The glamorous Philippine Tattler awards it as one of Philippines' Best Restaurants for the 5th time. Marco Polo Plaza Cebu is a choice Cebu venue for meetings, conferences and celebrations. Its lavish Grand Ballroom and function rooms can accommodate up to 2,500 guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia APAC, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Asiatravel.com Holdings, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Hotelopia, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Marco Polo Plaza Cebu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marco Polo Plaza Hotel Cebu City
- Marco Polo Plaza Cebu Cebu Island/Cebu City