“Great Place to Bring Clients for Sweets”
Review of La Marea Cafe

La Marea Cafe
Ranked #5 of 33 Dessert in Cebu City
Reviewed 23 November 2016 via mobile

Visited La Marea several times in the past. Usually its with friends but first time I came here with a client after lunch. This place is well known for its warm cup brownie ala mode so I decided to try a different cake. I ordered the Almond Cashew Sansrival. They also have a new coffee called Agave Latte which was recommended by the crew so we decided to order that.

The Almond Cashew Sansrival was every sansrival lover would love, crunchy layers that are not too hard not to soft, filled with the right amount of almonds and cashew, perfectly sweetness of the icing, it was heavenly.

The Agave Latte was actually nothing special. Its like regular cafe latte topped with Agave powder that smells like pepper.

Overall this is still a cozy place to take your friends for sweets. As always, after dinner its usually jampacked. Afternoon coffee will be a better option.

Reviewed 2 November 2016

We went to La Marea for dessert and tried their classic warm brownie cup, classic cheesecake and triple chocolate cheesecake. The brownie cup was good. I like the combination of the icecream and the warm brownie. The brownie was a bit too sweet for my liking though. Both cheesecakes were good as well and the serving size was good for two.

Reviewed 31 August 2016

It's location is near my English language school, in IT Park and Banilad. No matter how many times you go there, there is always something new! The best is warm brownie cup. It is a simple recipe, but it has flavors that are very filipino, like yema, tsokolate, making it modern. They have their own take of bibingka and other Filipino foods, but it tastes more delicious! The staff are very nice. They also remember returning clients.

Reviewed 29 June 2016

They are one of my favorite dessert cafe in Cebu. It is where I've tasted the warm brownie cup which is my all time favorite. Been to different places, but their warm brownie cup, the classic one, stands out.

Reviewed 9 June 2016

Thus was tbe 1st icecream parlor my boyfriend took me for a little cheat day from my diet and it was worth it I love the warmth of the lava cake mixed withe the coolness of icecream chocolate overload feel in the mouth. Best place to go when having PMS