All reviews gaisano country mall big swimming pool breakfast buffet a nice place to stay deluxe room hotel restaurant sized bed home away from home rice the heart of the city pools wedding banilad bpo taxi renovation pesos
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is the 3rd time I booked from this hotel and maybe the last. First time I stayed there in April and was disappointed about customer service. 2nd time, I give it another try because I was promised better service after my first review, so I booked 3 rooms for my family and for my sister's birthday celebration, they did make it right by the help of Mr. Kirk Tarona, which I'm very thankful because the celebrant was happy and surprised about the amenities she received. 3rd time, I booked 3 rooms again for my family and for my brother and nephew's birthday celebration, the celebrants were disappointed as they were expecting the same treatment (getting a fruit display and a mini birthday cake like my sister got for her birthday). This time they receive NOTHING. It was not really a big deal for my brother but for my nephew, he is only 9 yrs old. and he was really disappointed. At breakfast time, my sister and her husband were done eating and went to the pool area to chill, and being chased by one of the employee because she said my sister needs to pay for their breakfast, it was really embarrassing for her. My sister had to wait for my other sister to go down(which at that time was in her room) to tell the employee that the breakfast was already paid with the room because the room reservation was under her name. And lastly, they had to call Housekeeping numerous times to ask for the extra bed that is included in the reservation, this happened in all 3 times I booked a room here, It's hard to contact Housekeeping. All I can say, COMMUNICATION is lacking here with the employees. They should communicate with the guests when they check in if they have paid for extra bed, ask them if when they want it, and not the guests trying to contact housekeeping which is a pain to contact. Also, if they communicate well, they should not have chase my sister to the pool and told her she needs to pay for breakfast. I was receiving emails from the staffs here in Montebello before my family checked in, that they would do there best to provide exceptional service and to ensure unforgettable family time. Well, this is really unforgettable, but not in a good way, and definitely NOT exceptional service!

• Stayed: November 2018, travelled with family
Kirk T, Guest Relations Manager at Montebello Villa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Joyful_wanderlust,

Greetings from Cebu's only garden hotel!

We always ensure that we give all of our guests high quality service which they deserve. On behalf of the Management and staff of Montebello Villa Hotel, please accept our heartfelt apologies. It is always a privilege to be part of such important milestone and family time. While words are not enough to express how sorry we are with the lapses, please trust that

I am personally taking steps, calling the attention of our associates at the frontline and reservations, and making necessary actions.

Rest assured that we at Montebello Villa Hotel adhere to our commitment to share with our guests an exceptional, warm and genuine hospitality experience at all times.

We are sincerely grateful that despite the unlikely experience, you and your family chose to stay and celebrate with us.

I will be reaching out to you through an E-mail, I did a thorough investigation to prevent this from happening again. I quite believe that our staff are customer service champions and we can turn this around.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Staff: Friendly, approachable and helpful. They treated everyone fairly.
Room: we booked the Premier Garden and we absolutely love the room. Of all the hotels we stayed, their room was exceptional! Very spacious, very big bed with lovely pillows, and stylish toiletries.
Food: Naaah! We love the Breakfast buffet and their stylish tables and elegant view.
Place: this hotel is good for people who love to contemplate and have a real relaxation. The garden is so refreshing and the area was sooo huge. The pools are nice.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Kirk T, Guest Relations Manager at Montebello Villa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Aillen L,

Greetings from Cebu's only garden hotel!

We are overwhelmed with your gracious word. It is wonderful to note that you have experienced the best from us, and your overall experience with us has been wonderful, exceptional even. On behalf of the Management and staff of Montebello Villa Hotel, please accept our heartfelt appreciation.

The Hotel has been constantly improving, we look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed 5 October 2018 via mobile

From the second we opened the door we were blasted with the stench of mold. The rooms are small and ancient. Old style plugs, no comforters for the beds, bugs in the bathroom. I definitely wouldn’t stay again. The only redeeming quality is that they have a nice pool bar and good food.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
Kirk T, Guest Relations Manager at Montebello Villa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2018

Dear Dougdd,

Greetings from Cebu's only garden hotel!

It is disappointing to know we fell short on your expectations. It is with regret that I read the various concerns on room condition during your stay. The room you've stayed in is due for a complete renovation within the year, thus, we are thrilled to announce that we have new and refreshing rooms coming mid next year. Momentarily, our Premier Garden rooms are guest favorite, you might want to check it out.

We value your business and hope you will reconsider staying with us again on your future travel to Cebu. Should you wish to discuss this further, please contact me directly at k.tarona@montebellovillahotel.com.

MarComm

Reviewed 5 October 2018 via mobile

Went to check in at 4pm to find out my suite was not ready.
Was put into an upgraded suite for the 5 day booking.

Astonishingly, I was contacted at 10.30PM on the second night and asked “what are you doing right now sir?” When I replied “sleeping” - I was then asked if I could move rooms “now sir” !!!!

I asked why I would have to do this at 10.30PM and the front desk was brutally honest and said they had “re-sold the room”.

I am not sure what shocked me the most - the brutal honesty around their greediness or the request to move during the night??

This is digging a new depth in low standards in Hotel customer service.

Obviously the Peso is way more important than the Customer at Montebello. In fact when reporting the incident - there was relatively little response. Poorly handled.

Other things to watch out for... leaky bathrooms, hair in food, main pool is a construction site and there is zero smoking - you need to leave the hotel and go into the car-park. Do not come here if you enjoy a cigarette or cigar with a drink. Quite deceptive again that this is not mentioned on hotel booking sites.

I eventually had to write my first negative review on Trip Advisor and the Montebello is definitely worthy of a bad review.

Obviously, with my experience - the Front Desk staff and service are the poorest I have ever come across.

Unacceptable.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with friends
Kirk T, Guest Relations Manager at Montebello Villa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2018

Dear GoodFoodGreatCompany,

Thank you for taking the time to communicate your concerns. It is with regret that I read the various service lapses during your stay, from your arrival experience, to the inconsiderate request of transferring to another room, down to the working order of the bathroom and your overall dining experience. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the shortfall in service delivery.

Trust that I have shared your concerns with the team as we work tirelessly to improve our services from the Reception, Housekeeping & F&B. Our Training Team is looking closely with your concerns too as we aim to exceed our guests' expectations and it is hard to hear we fell short on our goal on this particular instance. Please know that what you've experienced is not in the culture of the hotel. Montebello Villa Hotel is committed to providing quality facilities and good service to all our guests. With this, we take your concerns seriously for us to improve further.

We hope you will reconsider staying with us again to see the improvements that have been made and allow us to provide you with a better experience on your return. Please contact our Marketing Communications Manager, Julie Erauda directly at julie.erauda@montebellovillahotel.com if there is anything else you would like to share on your experience.

Again, our apologies for the shortfall. Physical improvements of the Hotel is on-going. We look forward to seeing you again!

Best regards,

Luis Martin Alvarez

Reviewed 13 September 2018

Montebello is one of Cebu's Oldest Hotel, but the hotel keeps on upgrading like, gone all the tube tv, hello flat screen.

But the ace on the sleeve of this hotel is their food, the kitchen of Montebello becomes the benchmark of all other kitchens in Cebu.

but don't take my word for it.. go eat and stay at Montebello

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Kirk T, Guest Relations Manager at Montebello Villa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2018

Dear CebuTourguide,

Greetings from Cebu's only garden hotel!

We are overwhelmed with your gracious words. We are glad that everything went well and that you enjoyed our food. We hope you’ll like the additions and the upgrade happening in the hotel in the coming months.

Thank you for highly recommending Montebello Villa Hotel, and we look forward to welcoming you back the soonest.