Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
paulapple
england

Good value

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 25 May 2018via mobile
They currently have a promo on 2800 per night. Excellent value. Include breakfast. Centre location so front rooms can be noisy. Rooms huge. So easily get an extra bed in. Bit dated and tires. But great value. Comfortable and well located
Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
AU$147
    AU$98
    AU$112
10.0 km from Grand Menseng Hotel
View more hotels in Davao City
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

My very first time to visit Davao for business and i was really disappointed with the Services of this hotel. First, i told the Receptionist that im ALONE but then i was given a twin bed and this Receptionist even told me that dont use the other bed due to HSK purposes?! So why they didnt give me a king bed in the first place?! Im not saying that i will use those 2 beds but telling me that dont use it, is kinda unpleasant to hear. 2nd, i was not told about the facilities. 3rd, receptionist said that dental kit was already placed but it was not. And lastly, the phone was not working. You guys need to work on your customer service skills. You are in hospitality industry, doesnt matter how many stars you are. With this kind of service and facilities not worth it to pay almost 3k!!!

Date of stay: March 2018
1  Thank snobbylee
Reviewed 21 January 2018 via mobile

Hotel is walking distance from drugstores, convenient stores and restaurants. The president’s life-sized photo welcomes the guests in the lobby, hence, guests enjoys taking selfies.

Hotel is old but with quality service. You can guess the age of the hotel as you walk along the dim corridor. The room is generally clean and has enough space to walk around. Water flow in the shower is good, toiletries are supplied including old towels.

Pool is clean but the Restaurant beside it has only one waiter. Has limited parking space.

Date of stay: August 2017
1  Thank JojieG
Reviewed 9 December 2017 via mobile

grand menseng hotel has become white! it used to be painted yellow when i first stepped foot on it 15 years ago. i remember the place as living up to its name - grand! (menseng sounds chinese, i didn’t bother asking about its meaning) it has a single overworked elevator that works doubletime reaching all
floors of the hotel. wifi signal is fluctuating.

food may not be their specialty. buffet breakfast is offered daily but will exhaust your palate on the third morning. the hotel has a swimming pool on the top floor but it has remained undipped the morning i went there to take some pictures.

the greatest asset this hotel has is the service. the staff is courteous, attentive and prompt. kudos to their van driver who kept us entertained coming from and going to the airport.

Date of stay: November 2017
Reviewed 19 July 2017

My aunt booked me in this hotel because it was very near her place and she is also a frequent guest. I requested an airport service to meet me and they did free of charge. I had two coupons of welcome drinks and two complimentary breakfast coupons. My room was very big and overlooking the swimming pool on the third floor. I would want to have this room again. Amenities weren't as I expected considering it was regarded one of the traditional hotels of the Davao City. It was already upgraded and I had a bathtub in my room with hot water! Thank you! However, there is no complimentary free water and you need to request for hot water to be delivered if you want a cup of coffee. I had two spacious single beds. a desk to work on my laptop and a very wide desk for my vanity. Mini bar is stocked but as usual the prices are really beyond that you would prefer to buy from a convenience store outside. By the way, location is very accessible to all. Jeepneys and taxis abound. My buffet breakfast on the first day was a bit disappointing as it doesn't fit to be in a find hotel restaurant and yet food is simply scrambled egg, rice, corned beef and some fruits and congee. The second day was a least better with pork, beef and sausage choices.

Staff were friendly and quick to respond to our requests. However, room wifi is cut off every hour and you need to key in and log in to access it. Better bring your own mobile wifi if you're going to work a lot in the internet while staying here.

Instead of the airport van, they only called a taxi and paid it in advance to take me to the airport. The only consolation was that my taxi driver sounds like a tour guide on our way to the airport. Thank you, Manong Driver!

Since it was my aunt who booked me, I was able to avail the discounted price given to her. For a two night stay, I think the rate was just ok because of the discount. Their published rate is actually double than the one I paid. They have a life-sized poster of President Digong Duterte on the main lobby which greets guests when they eneter. It was my memorable selfie with him hahahaha

Room tip: Rooms on the Third floor overlooking the pool
Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 6 July 2017 via mobile

Rooms are old but I admire the cleanliness of their bathroom.Staffs are excellent and very attentive to the needs of my disabled Father.I give 5 🌟 for the staff and another 5🌟 for their abundance breakfast buffet.

Date of stay: May 2017