Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
MoriMike
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

Perfect location to everything.

Review of Orchard Hotel
3.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 12 Feb 2019
One important aspect of me finding a hotel is the location and Orchard hotel is the perfect spot. Near to everything. However...

I initially book my stay there through online but when i get to the hotel, the concierge in-charge did not find it. He took almost an hour calling everybody asking what to do.
At last, he just asked me to sign some forms and done checking-in. Arrived at the hotel about 9pm with very tired body from travelling, I find the room just as a regular hotel room.
My assigned room was near the road. I can hear all noise. I don't mind because my house is like that. Since it is near, there is a some kind of porch for me to feel the cold breeze.
Breakfast was not included. But i would rather eat at nearby restos.
Toiletries was ok.
Wifi - I did not use it or if there is any and I usually don't care. My internet connection is on plan.
It could be enough for an overnight stay or two.
Date of stay: January 2019
  • Vio.com
3.3 km from Orchard Hotel
Restaurant
View more hotels in Davao City
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 April 2018 via mobile

Had an overnight stay in a single standard room that cost Php 800 per night.
Good location as it is close to the mall.
Front desk is okay, approachable but can improve by having a more friendly vibe. Had reservations a day before check in. Got in the hotel around noon though we had to wait until 3pm to avail the promo of 800/night. Waited in the lobby until time of check in. Wifi is ONLY available in the lobby and you have to ask for the password.
There's no elevator, no wifi in rooms, no tv cable.
The room is reasonable for what we paid. Though I have some complaints on the bed sheets because they are a bit itchy. My guess is the sheets are not change regularly.
The tabo (dipper) in the bathroom is cracked at the bottom and there's no floor rug provided.
They don't allow food delivery directly at the rooms, only on the lobby.

Our check out time was 12noon the next day. Our flight back to Manila was at 5pm and we had quite alot of baggage so we asked if we can leave our bags in the hotel, they agreed that we'll just pick them up by 3pm.

All in all, the hotel will do if you just really need a place to sleep on.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 25 February 2018 via mobile

We chanced upon this hotel as a last minute option and booked on the evening we used it. They reduce their rates for check-ins after 3pm. The place was clean, staff pleasant and room facilities basic. It's good enough for a quick stay if you only need a place to sleep. Water pressure was good and had ample parking. Location is good.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 December 2017

The first room we were assigned to had pillows that smelled of dried sweat- clearly they don't wash their pillows! They transferred us to another room that had hairs on the bed sheets!!! Disgusting! So we asked if they could please change everything with fresh linen. They said we had to wait for the laundry to be delivered - this was 7:30 PM. The staff weren't apologetic at all; they even said "there were only a few hairs on the sheets" as if that would make it less awful. They had to charge us for cancelling our booking but I would rather lose money than sleep on a filthy bed. Being affordable (1,300 PHP per night) does not give you an excuse to not provide your customers clean linens. Horrible! Would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

Service is nonexistent. terrible customer service and lazy staff esp their "concierge" with no sense of responsibility kind of approach to the guests. no good cable service, no wifi available in rooms. a hefty price tag with no service at all is a big no to recommend.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

First i just want to share my experience in this hotel and inform others about their non smoking policy. Upon checking in you will be require to sign their waiver that they have a penalty for smoking in the building etc. Im very aware of that since davao is very strict about that policy. So when the time im about to check out, i went to the lobby and said that they will check the room first. I was surprised when they informed me that the room smells cigarette smoke and i have to pay 2,000pesos. They accused me of smoking inside the room with out any proof and their basis was by the smell of room. Take note im very considerate not to complain even their room smells terrible because my purpose was to sleep over night only (less than 8hours) i have to ask them to change the bedsheets, pillowcase and blanket because it seems that they didnt change it.. back to the policy, they said they have the right to do it since i have signed the waiver. My point is, its easily for them to do it to anybody, to any guest anytime they wanted to.. staffs and maintenance are rude and disrepectful. No proper customer service training. Manager/owner was even rude too. (Jj Tan,that's the name given to me by the receptionist because the manager/owner dont want to give his name when we talked.) They said that if i will not pay,they will call a police. Tip: let them call a police. Because in the end they will reduce the penalty. If you have all the time and not in a hurry, dont pay at all (if you know you did'nt do anything wrong) make your stand and it's ok if you will all go to the police station because chances are penalty will be reduce more. I hope this help other guests before checking in in that hotel.

Date of stay: July 2017