Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Cmayo
Los Angeles, California

Good Hotel

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 2 Feb 2019via mobile
First time in Davao City, very clean and people are hospitable. We stayed in Royal Mandaya and the hotel is good, peaceful with courteous staff. It was a short stay but indeed enjoyed. Most of the time we were outside to see the beautiful city of Davao.
Date of stay: February 2019
    AU$55
0.4 km from The Royal Mandaya Hotel
AU$30
Fully refundable
No fees just great deals
    AU$33
    AU$67
3.8 km from The Royal Mandaya Hotel
Restaurant
View more hotels in Davao City
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 December 2018 via mobile

This hotel is old but beautiful. The reception area is big and fancy. Rooms are good. Service is okay. Food is great! Price is reasonable. Some comfort rooms though are old and need upgrading. They have room service. I like their hallways and couches in the waiting area. Overall, still I would recommend this hotel to people.

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 7 November 2018 via mobile

It is one of the best place to stay in Davao City with good housekeeping, adequate room space, and great food. A stone-throw away from buzzing downtown of Davao, and People's Park; Truly, an alternative to much expensive hotels around the area.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 November 2018

Been to this hotel many times. If you are just longer for a place to crash after a long trip or flight this is good. Breakfast is good for Asians or if you are from a Western parts of the world. I requested for a tub so I can relax before taking a bath but ended at none even if the reception told me there is one. But if you are for accessible within the city, then this hotel is for you.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 2 November 2018

It was fine if a bit overpriced. The room is clean and perhaps an older Holiday Inn level.

TV works but no PPV and no one on staff knows how to make it work. The shower is OK but leaks and is wimpy. Mini-bar fridge is empty. Again its just OK.

The restaurant breakfast buffet is huge and excellent for Asians or westerners.

Other meals are OK too but certainly not fine dining. No atmosphere, just a big open space. The piano player at dinner -- I had to ask he play softer it was a bit overwhelming. No piano whatever would be preferable! Philippines places I have found tend to do this, THEY ALL MAKE MUSIC TOO LOUD CONSTANTLY, no subtlety.

This is a business hotel more then for tourism. Not at all romantic or colourful. Just "OK".

Room tip: Probably all similar, I had a deluxe but it wasn't so deluxe.
Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Peter S
Reviewed 29 October 2018

Stayed there for 2 nights (if it were a personal trip I would've changed hotels on the 2nd night). First night the heater of the shower was not working considering that I just arrived and was expecting a hot shower but noooooo... It was not available so I had to take a shower without the heater working is definitely a no no for me...

Breakfast was fine but when I went back to my room the electronic door lock was not working as well so I had to wait for the maintenance guys to open my room and they told me that they will fix the lock later in the afternoon.

2nd night the shower was working already but unfortunately they weren't able to fix the electronic door locks so again I had to wait for the maintenance guys...

Next morning, I called up the front desk if there's a dress code at the buffet area and she told me that there's no such thing so I went down wearing my shorts and jersey. As I approached the area, the staff told me to change my jersey for it was not allowed but I told her the latter and insisted to have my breakfast already since I'll be running late if I had to go back to my room have the maintenance guys open the door and change my st***d jersey just to have my breakfast (I guess the staff noticed that I was already furious at that time) but she allowed me to finish since I already started.

What a terrible experience I've had with this hotel... I'm telling you guys better stay at Pinnacle or Apo View or anywhere but this hotel... Seriously...

Date of stay: October 2018