Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
@1989
Manila, Philippines

Good but not great

Review of Apo View Hotel
3.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 26 May 2024
The room was nice but I was a bit disappointed because our reservation was the pool view but we were given a different room and the air con had some issues on our 2nd day it was dripping and the floor was all wet. The staffs were friendly but there were too many events held in that hotel so there were some requests overlooked since the staffs were all too busy. The soundproofing was terrible we could hear the noises from other rooms, hallway and so as the noise from their event area. It was a good location since it was in the city, the food was delicious and cooked well.
Date of stay: March 2024
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3.0 of 5 bubblesValue
    AU$129
3.7 km from Apo View Hotel
Restaurant
View more hotels in Davao City
All reviews light switches grand dame swimming pool sized bed toiletries
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 August 2023

Although the hotel is old, constant renovations keeps it looking presentable. The room is clean and big, the TV has a lot of channels, and the staff friendly and helpful.

But the major, for me, reason why I will not stay there again is the spotty wifi, AND NO HOT WATER! When I inquired about it, they said they would fix something in the basement. Still no hot water. A maintenance guy came in and all he did was turn in the shower faucet and let it run. He said it would eventually turn hot. First of all, that is a total waste of water. And second, after all the wasted water, it didnt turn hot at all!

So if hot water is important for you, dont stay at this hotel.

Date of stay: July 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Business Center, Owner at Apo View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2023

Dear Vanessa, We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with such detailed feedback about your stay. I am very sorry to hear that several things throughout your stay did not meet your expectations. Please note that your concerns have been dealt with accordingly. We do hope you give us another chance as we will definitely improve our services.

Hotel Manager

Reviewed 31 December 2022 via mobile

The Apo View was a very bad experience for me as I specifically booked the hotel for the pool. The pool was prominently displayed on the app as a superior feature but was under construction as I was informed. I conveyed this disgust to the desk clerk and was told sorry sir. I asked to talk to the day manager to know avail so I asked to speak to General manager who completed dodged me at many requests choosing to offer through the day manager free lunch at the buffet. I booked for 3 nights and was offered lunch. Not exactly compensory for a 5 star pool. I would avoid this hotel old and stuffy with staff that is less than reasoning.

Date of stay: December 2022
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 26 July 2022 via mobile

This 70 + year old hotel surely exceeded my expectations. The check-in process was straight forward and simple so I quickly found myself in my room. This room was nicely furnished and newly renovated with all the standard necessary amenities. Very comfortable king sized bed with very clean sheets and pillows. A couple of bedside light switches were broken though. The bathroom was very clean, with ample supply of towels and toiletries.
The dinning area where a buffet is set up was cool, smelling good and no insects flying around. The staff was very helpful and accomodating. Very attentive service. Reasonable priced food both for the buffet and ala cart menu.
Enjoyed the hotel's bar at night. The Blue Moon. Drinks and karaoke.
There is no swimming pool. There is a large garden where one can eat al fresco.
Overall a very good experience.

Date of stay: July 2022
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 March 2022

Well for the staff 8/10 for friendliness and effort.
The food is eatable and the buffet is ordinary at best.
Wifi is very hit and miss.
After complaining many times about no hot water for the bathroom, I was told many different stories.
Today I am checking out after 4 days with out any hot water.
So if you enjoy the basics like hot showers, avoid this place.
It is worn and tired.
It needs a make over about 4 years ago.

Date of stay: March 2022
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 12 December 2020

While writing this review, I am currently staying at this hotel.

Upon check-in, I moved 4 times because the rooms' AC is not working.

Furthermore, 5 power interruptions were experienced in a span of 30 minutes without notifying us. I called up the front desk about power interruption, and they told me that they have maintenance. The problem is I was in an online meeting and I kept disconnecting. The front desk informed me that after 30 mins no more power outages but it became more frequent. I understand that they need to undergo maintenance but at least they have notified us.

I had the same experience in 2016 or 2017; I was moved 3 times in the middle of the night because the ACs of their rooms were not working.

Internet is fair but I think you need to re log-in every 2-3 hours. There are times you will get disconnected.

What I like about this hotel is its friendly and helpful staff.

Will I come back again to this hotel? Nope.

Room tip: always ask the frontdesk to put you in a room with NEW AC Units.
Date of stay: December 2020