Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Rico B
Angeles City, Philippines

A Gem of a Hotel

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 20 Mar 2019
I love the unique and coziness of the hotel. Love the wooden staircase, handrails and floors of the building. My room was on the 4th floor, rooftop and it was quiet and nice with a lot of empty space like a patio area. There always seem to have a nice breeze coming across the rooftop with a nice view.
If you are a smoker this is the place to hang out.
What made this a great stay for me was the whole staff of the hotel and restaurant. Very friendly and accommodating. The bed I slept in was very comfortable, water pressure was strong and with warm water for a shower. I was there for a few days, laundry shops around the area within one block, easy walk.
It was great to have an ironing board and iron to press my shirts. WiFi connection was good. No elevator but there is always someone there to assist you with your luggage which is very important for me.
I walk a lot for exercise and during the night when returning from city center or as far as Abreeza Mall I would walk, no problem. I believe the neighborhood where the hotel is located is very safe and basically the city is safe.
I will stay again when I return to Davao City.
Date of stay: March 2019
Room Tip: I really liked the rooftop rooms. For me it was unique, quiet, it has only 4 rooms up there,...
Trip type: Travelled solo
    AU$64
    AU$83
0.8 km from Tinhat Boutique Hotel
View more hotels in Davao City
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 February 2019

Positives – Friendly staff, decent location, good sized room £18 per night including breakfast.

Negatives – A bit old and tired with colour scheme not to my taste (red and lime green!).

Details
The hotel is situation a 7 minute walk from the centre. I used GRAB taxi service which worked well and usually paid £1 to £2. They do a decent rate to and from the airport.

I stayed for 2 nights for a room which included breakfast.

The room had a desk, a wardrobe for clothes, a king sized bed.

There was the usual bathroom and a small sized LCD TV with plenty of channels. Wi-Fi worked well.

The staff very helpful and friendly with most speaking some English.

The air con worked well and a fridge was provided. I believe you had to pay for water so I bought some from the very near by 7/11.

It was quiet and I slept well.

Overall I would recommend it with 8.5 out of 10.

Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Nothernman
Reviewed 12 September 2018 via mobile

While there is no question that this is one of the most ideal accommodations if you want accessibility, it was not able to live its slogan of being a home sweeter than home. Cleanliness is not a priority. The floor under the bed is dusty, a cockroach greeted me one morning, and the bathroom is a bit rundown. Similar with other reviews, the outlets are exposed. I requested for a towel in the morning and it arrived almost 4 hours later. In my 4D3N stay, nobody bothered asking me if I have garbage to dispose. They also never replaced the bed cover and linens. Lastly, I received no apology whatsoever for these untoward incidents.

On the plus side, the food was good though I am not picky eater so it might be so-so for others. They also allowed me to leave my bag in the frontdesk as I arrived earlier than check in.

Budgetwise, for me, it does not give that much value for your money. For now, I would not recommend to others, but if they can improve on cleanliness, I might change my mind.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
Nelljec, General Manager at Tinhat Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2018

It’s with great regret that we were not able to satisfy your stay due to the above cited circumstances. After doing an inquiry with the staff concerned, they admitted that they were not able to get in at your room due to the DND (Do Not Disturb) sign outside. Henceforth, as a standard procedure, they didn’t do anything unless, otherwise, there’s an instruction coming directly from the guest for any request that need to be done. We take great respect on the privacy of our guests, thus, DND room status is highly acknowledged.

With what had happened, we empathised with you as our valued guest. We failed to ask for the scheduled cleaning during your stay. With this incident, we will continue to improve our services and amenities making sure that it’s highly satisfactory to our valued guests.

We hope that you will give us a chance to make up the unsatisfactory services that you had experienced in one of your future visits in Davao. We take pride of our services and amenities, henceforth, we will take this matter seriously.

We apologised for the inconvenience it caused you. Your comments are highly appreciated and not to be taken lightly as we are determine to prevent the same incident in the future.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Reviewed 24 July 2018

I stayed here for 5 days. With the money that I paid for my room, I could say that I got my money's worth. It's actually neat, it has a heater, flat iron, and some hangers for your clothes, which could be helpful. I like their rooms, not too big, not too cramped, though I believe they could improve their bathroom. The attendants are kind and courteous..

Upon booking, you can opt to have the "free breakfast" or more like inclusive of the payment per day.. :P They serve their breakfast from 6AM - 10AM. Their restaurant is halal, so no alcohol and pork are served.

I don't know about the others but I find it very comfortable to sleep here. It truly lives up to its logo "Home Sweeter Than Home". I'd stay here again if given the chance:)

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank Pearlie L
Reviewed 12 March 2018

stayed one night here with my wife , the room is clean and comfy , the staff is very helpful ,there's a halal restaurant in the hotel , which is amazing if you're a Muslim traveler , it's a very good hotel if you're on budget and u want decent hotel room , i loved my stay there

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 March 2018

I need to start by saying this is a TWO STAR Hotel. So if you are expecting above that for this price you won't be happy. Now, let me start with positive. FREE Wi-Fi! The staff is friendly, there is hot water in the shower, the bed is comfortable, and the room reasonably quiet. Also connected to a restaurant for easy access to food. Now, the reality of two star. No maid service or towel service. I had to re-use my towel two times for shower. The mini bar is only water, juice and coffee (you pay for in room coffee). The air conditioner was not cold and leaked on my head during the night. Since I am used to hotels on the lower end i did not mind, but the surprise was the lack of simple cleaning service daily. If my friend still lives in the area I would stay again, but not if I just wanted to stay.

Date of stay: March 2018