Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
memora2148

Bad decisions made

Review of Sunflower Hotel
1.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 28 Sept 2012via mobile
I booked this hotel because after checking their fb page I found our that they offer 25% on all rooms. I booked it thru booking.com that they provided on their fb page. When we got here, it seems we are not qualified for the 25% disc because we booked it on booking.com!!! Omg. I really wanted the one that has a bath tub. So I paid for 1,500 which couldve been the super deluxe if I just walk-in.
Next, after accepting that they cant help me, I took a shower and there was NO hot water and the shower head doesn't sprinkle but as if its a faucet. They should've provided a pale instead.
I ask their room service is horrible, breakfast tat is 30mins and the food is cold. Me nd my hubby checked in and the complimentary breakfast is only for 1 person. And to avail that u must order something
Staff are not competent, the room has one switch to all lights so that wont leave u lamp shades at night. we have to open the bathroom slight to leave us some light at night.
And the location? Omg! Horrible.
Date of stay: September 2012
  • Vio.com
2.9 km from Sunflower Hotel
Restaurant
View more hotels in Davao City
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 19 February 2012

The hotel is located just a few meters from Torres St, and is near several restaurants and bars. The lobby is nice, and there is an elevator. However, the rooms are small, and the bed, while adequate, has very lumpy pillows. Lighting in the room can be a bit more brighter. The bathroom is small also, but fairly clean. The closet is small and narrow, and is built along the wall right next to the door, making the narrow entrance quite difficult to manage when you open the closet door.

Breakfast is included and while there are meals which can be ordered, the rate is almost 25-30% more expensive than if you go down and have it in their small restaurant. If you can, just eat outside, there are a some eateries open till 7pm just outside the hotel.

There is a water dispenser on the third floor, but the dispenser itself needs to be cleaned, so even if the water is potable, you would rather buy the bottled ones.

There is no wifi, but you can connect to the internet by cable.

Overall, it is not in my list of hotels to be recommended, either for short or long stays and the rooms can still be improved.

Room tip: The rooms facing the street receive good sunlight in the morning, but is noisy, especially if you open the windows.
Date of stay: February 2012