“View - Yes, Food - No”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 8 July 2016

We had dinner at Taklobo to get a good view of the city. It was a Monday night and the place was full.

Food:
We ordered Kare-Kare and Fried chicken. The fried chicken was so-so. The kare-kare was not good at all. Vegetables were overcooked and the peanut butter sauce looked unusually dark with a gelatinous consistency. Not my kind of kare-kare.

Place:
The part of the restaurant where we were seated was dimly lit. I could hardly see what I'm eating. I'm not sure if they did that on purpose so you can focus on the view. There were also a lot of mosquitoes so I left the place with a lot of mosquito bites on my legs.

Suggestion:
Visit the place at night to get a view of Davao City but eat somewhere else.

Date of visit: June 2016

Reviewed 6 July 2016

We went here to enjoy the view and were expecting good food after reading glowing TA reviews. The view was good but the food was disappointing. No sure if things have changed or if the prior reviewers have bad taste.

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed 6 July 2016 via mobile

The food was excellent with fresh air and stunning view. A group of men will serenade you with their classic music.

Date of visit: September 2015
Reviewed 6 July 2016

The grilled parts of malasogue, the panga is the best and the malasogue kinilaw version of Davao offers the delights of the patrons that includes me. After having your meals, you can choose among bars for a cold drinks aside from the natural colsness of the Jack's Ridge. Experience your night out at the ridge of Davao City.

Date of visit: March 2016
Reviewed 5 July 2016

We went there for dinner around 5pm. Place was still half full, so we were able to check the place and was able to take pictures from all over the place. The place also has kid's playground and souvenir shop, so it really is a plus point for me.

For the place, it's very nice. For the food, price is good but taste was average. We ordered sinigang na baboy, kare-kare and kinilaw. The taste was good, but maybe I set my expectation higher than that.

Overall, I would say that this place should be among your to-do-list if ever you'll visit Davao.

Date of visit: June 2016