Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
NinoLeeZhongPing
Makati, Philippines

Leveling up its homey flair

3.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 31 Dec 2016
I was surprised to see a new facade, it looked more modern. Stepping in to the lobby the layout looke like a typical hotel, missing the old lobby and front desk. The upside on this is that the lobby is much brighter and spacey.

Rooms are much the same, TV is now a flat screen, cable reception is much better. Staff service is ok (no room service during my stay) very courteous and cheefull. The food, I opted for is spanish sardines, food here was better and generously portioned, as compared to a similar B&B around the corner.

The vicinity around Humbertos hasnt changed much, at the time of my stay the street was quiet, much quieter than the other B&B in the vicinity. A convenient store chain that operates 24 hrs is a block away (2), a needed luxury to buy emergency items.

Humbertos is on a new management, I just hope that it maintains the old homey feel and shy away from commercialization.
Date of stay: December 2016
Room Tip: Try and get the ones on the top floors, you have to take the stairs as their is no elevator.Good...
Trip type: Travelled solo
    AU$59
4.0 km from Humberto's Hotel
Restaurant
View more hotels in Davao City
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 October 2015

This is your average budget hotel wherein you just want to sleep for the night. The wifi is free but weak. Old TV. Small cramped room. For what its worth, the room is what you paid for. Hey, it's your charming little hotel.

Date of stay: August 2015
1  Thank engpongeng
Reviewed 5 September 2014 via mobile

Spent 2 weeks with my family in the hotel. Its an old hotel but the rooms are still in great condition and very clean. No dust under the bed and the bottom of the curtains are even clean. The staff and even the owner always went out of their way to make you feel at home.

Date of stay: March 2014
Reviewed 27 March 2014

They are called the charming little hotel. I think it fits the description perfectly. Its not the most modern hotel, but the rooms are spacious, well equipped and very clean. The breakfast wasnt really great, but you cant have everything. The staff impressed me. Very flexible, well mannered and -indeed- charming. Been here twice in 2013 and when i visit Davao again i will go back to this hotel!

Date of stay: December 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 2 July 2013

During my trip to Davao for the holidays, I stayed at Humberto's Hotel because of its accessibility to the city proper. Their rooms though aren't that new but I can say that it is well-maintained. Their amenities include Hot & Cold Shower, Cable TV, complimentary soap & shampoo. In terms of the room rates, I must say that it is a bit cheaper compared to other hotels within the city since breakfast is also inclusive. The food they served are in buffet style (full-meal) so you are guaranteed to have your tummies filled when you leave their mini-restaurant. When it comes to their service and staff, they are courteous and have been very helpful to assist me with my concerns especially because I don't know anyone from the place when I visited. Over and above, Humberto's Hotel can be considered if you are staying in the heart of Davao City.

Room tip: Choose a room that is near the stairs going to the reception area for a good wifi signal. :)
Date of stay: December 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 30 March 2013

Stayed here at Humberto's Feb 2013 to visit friends and go to the Eden Nature Garden and Samal Island. Coming from North Zen which was modern minimalist, Humberto's is what you would call traditional, with the front desk right below the stairs going up to the second floor like it would be in someone's home. The front desk is officious but could use more warmth and friendliness. The rooms are spacious, and has ample dresser and workspace, and closet space as well. The view was not exactly nice, it was a neighboring car repair shop of some sort.
But it provided the quiet I needed so i could sleep and recover when I fell sick due to the extreme heat coming from winter in the US! I recovered quickly and had enough strength to do the tours the next day.
The breakfast was pretty good-huge selection and lots of local food that could also fit the Western palate. It is s restaurant that is also open to the public so lots of opportunity to chit chat with locals and tourists. The hotel is centrally located and a tricycle ride away to most attractions. Definitely not luxury, but it is adequate!

Room tip: Room away from street is quiet!
Date of stay: February 2013