All reviews podium mall welcome home bedroom suite sm megamall breakfast buffet business trip late check laundry service second home family staycation dining table courteous staff microwave oven ortigas area pasig city an overnight stay banner
Reviewed 18 November 2017

The place is quite elegant. Staffs are polite and very attentive. Room is lovely and so spacious unlike other hotels. You can invite many guests without the problem of getting cramped-up. There is an indoor pool to unwind. Foods served are great!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
DiscoveryHotelGroup, General Manager at Discovery Suites Manila, Philippines, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2017

Hi Candice,

Thank you for the kind words. We’re glad that our rooms were up to your liking. Our guests love the spacious rooms - especially families and long staying guests – because of the home away from home feeling that it radiates. The pool is perfect for a dip and just de-stress. Aside from swimming, you can also sweat the stress away and get a take a Yoga, Zumba, or Aero Steps class at our Balance Lifestyle Gym. If it still doesn’t work, the food will definitely hit the spot.

We’re looking forward to having you again with us!

Reviewed 18 November 2017 via mobile

Let me start by saying that this has been the worst customer service we received from any hotels we stayed from.

First issue was upon check in. Totally unacceptable experience from your hotel staff. I requested for early check in however I understand that this is still subject for availability. Fine. Standard check in is 3pm and arrived at the hotel at 2.30 and because of the long queue in your reception, I was assisted at around 2.45 to 2.50 PM. The guy receptionist said that a room was not yet available, still being cleaned and we can just stay at their 22nd floor lounge. And us being tired that we were from a previous trip early that AM, we had no choice but to go up and wait there. We waited until 3.30 PM in the lounge. And let me just tell you that this is the ugliest lounge I stayed in. Uncomfy chairs. Bad A/C. No drinks served unless you're willing to pay I guess. Nobody even bothered to check on us while we waited there. We went downstairs at 3.30 PM and asked the receptionist if our room is now available. Unfortunately we were told no room is still available and we have to wait again. I was so upset because we were really tired already and I did not see any sense of urgency from your staff. I started demanding for immediate action and we needed a room already since I was with my mom whose already 59 years old and has a bad case of backpain but still got nothing. Poor BEA in the front desk had no choice but to listen to me and the other customers complain but sadly got nothing. Bea said that they will just make up for it by giving us late check out at 1 or 2 PM. We had to go up again and imagine this, we waited until 4.45 to get a freaking room. And let me all tell you things got worse....

After resting for a few minutes getting into our room, we found out that there is no bidet in room 1017. I called guest relations and asked why there was no bidet when exactly 2 months ago we checked in in the same room type (1BR) just above, 1117, and there was bidet. The girl on the phone insisted that there are no bidets available ever on the type of room we had. What a liar. So then I asked her, "anong solusyon niyo dito para sa bidet?", the girl responded "wala po ma'am". WOW! I am shocked! No solution for a simple problem??? She suggested that we transfer rooms, to another 1br but had only 1 bed contrary to my request to have 2 separate beds, she suggests that after settling in?! I started to demand to speak to the Manager on Duty and was told that manager was busy. I said you better do something about this or you return my payment w/c i paid in cash and we will just xfer to another hotel. After 30 minutes no manager returned our call. Then my mom called them back and asked for what their gonna do abt the problem, they said they'll send someone to affix a bidet. When they said earlier that no other bidet is available and its impossible to install one. They were clearly contradicitng their statements. Next thing that happend, they already sent someone to install the bidet, w/c let me just emphasize, took 3 hours to finish because their "engineer" was not the best person to install the bidet. It was followed by problems like not letting the toilet flush, no water came out from the faucets etc. So in other words, after getting checked in so late, we didnt have the chance to rest for the next 3 hours.

By the way, until now there was still no call from your Manager on Duty.

We stayed for 3D2N. On the 3rd day, day of check out, at around 8AM i called guest relations to ask if we can check out at 1PM. Since you know, thats what Bea promised. And besides after all the wait time we did, i think an extra 60minutes for us will not hurt the hotel, right? Guess what, WRONG! Instead was told the maximum check out time they can give us is 12.30. Wow!! 30 minutes?? Seriously??? That is really insulting in case you dont know that. Its like i have to beg for freaking 30 minutes compared to the lack of respect of our time you did to us. We checked out at 12 instead. Wouldnt want the hotel think we're grateful for that 30 minutes they gave us.

I could go on and on about how disappointing and unacceptable the service was but this is getting too lengthy already. I am a returning customer and the service last month was nothing like this.

From all the hotels (RW, Discovery Primea, Crowne Plaza, Holiday Inn, Fairmont, Manila Peninsula, Oakwood Nostalg, Aruga Rockwell) we've been doing staycations for the past 12months, this is the most disappointing. A response letter from one of your managers or your hotel VP for operations will make us more likely do business with you in the future.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Bianca927

Dear Miss Jugo,

On behalf of Discovery Suites Management, I would like to extend our sincerest apologies for the inconveniences you experienced during your last stay. We understand that the series of miscommunication on our end resulted in service lapses and we take full responsibility for it.

Our Front Office Manager and Guest Relations Team made several attempts to contact you, however you were either unavailable or the “Do Not Disturb” sign was up, therefore, we decided to respect your privacy.

As part of The Discovery Leisure Company, Discovery Suites Manila along with Discovery Primea Makati sets itself to a high standard in providing excellent guest experience. Our Management takes concerns such as yours with utmost importance. We have thus, taken this opportunity to regroup with our Operations team to make sure that our guests are being provided the service we’ve always been known for. We hope to get another opportunity to restore your confidence in us. You have my personal guarantee that our service will be much better on your next visit.

Reviewed 17 November 2017

we arrived at discovery suites after two long flights and were pleasantly surprised to check into huge rooms with a separate living area and a bedroom and a small kitchenette. Service was efficient and breakfast was quite decent too. Located conveniently close to the SM megamall also.
All in all a good place. We stayed here for only two nights .

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family

Hi GAGTVM,

We know how exhausting travelling can be – it’s hard to imagine how it is after two long flights – so we do our best to make sure that our guests are relaxed and comfortable during their stay. And really, what’s more comfortable than to be able to feel at home, right? Being near shopping malls just makes life so much more convenient – especially not having to brave through traffic or worry about parking.

We’re looking forward to seeing you again on your next stay!

Reviewed 16 November 2017

The room was quite big Separated living room, bedroom, and kitchen with all you want amenities including the bubble bath
Located in convenience area Closeby the big shopping mall
Staff was very friendly and helpful and the breakfast was variable
So recommended!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
DiscoveryHotelGroup, General Manager at Discovery Suites Manila, Philippines, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2017

Hi Avatsada,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Discovery Suites! Leisure or business – we’re proud to have rooms that radiate comfort and elegance. We want you to feel at home as much as possible when you stay with us. Aside from the cozy rooms, great service, and delicious food selection, being at the heart of Ortigas is also one of the reasons guests love to stay here. We’re glad you enjoyed our breakfast buffet. We have more exciting things to serve moving forward.

Excited to welcome you back on your next stay!

Reviewed 15 November 2017 via mobile

We booked a 3 bedroom suite. Room was very spacious. Website photos are precise and accurate. Courteous hotel attendants. Podium mall is right across the hotel. Convenience store is just outside. Indoor pool was small

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
DiscoveryHotelGroup, Manager at Discovery Suites Manila, Philippines, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2017

Hi Mich,

We’re glad to know that you had a great staycation with your family. Our cozy rooms are ideal for families and long staying guests to radiate the home away from home feeling. We also have exciting weekend kiddie activities that I bet kids will love. Yes, having shopping malls, stores, and restaurants nearby is such an excellent luxury to have. We would be more than happy to give recommendations on your next stay should you look to explore the wonderful area of Ortigas.

Looking forward to seeing you and your family again soon!