All reviews podium mall welcome home bedroom suite sm megamall breakfast buffet business trip late check laundry service second home family staycation dining table courteous staff microwave oven ortigas area pasig city an overnight stay banner
Reviewed 10 July 2012

Our family of 4 stayed had a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom room. It was a large room with a kitchenette, fridge, dining room and living room. There was plenty of closet and cabinet space. We were given complimentary water bottles and had fresh fruit. The breakfast had good selections everyday and the service was only too happy to comply with any request for tea, fresh mango, whatever. Our kids loved the pool. We stayed 3 nights and traveled around the country and returned for another 2 nights. We were so happy to return here after staying at other places. We asked for a late checkout on our last day as well as asked them to store our luggage until it was time to go. They were so accommodating! The location is also fantastic-across the street from Podium Mall, within walking distance to St. Francis and Megamall, McD's, Shakey's Pizza, 7-11, all kinds of places to eat.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with newer flat panel TV's.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 13 July 2012

Dear msab21_10:

Greetings from Discovery Suites.

Thank you for your post! We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us.
Your positive comments will only fuel our associates to continue rendering the best service for our guests. He hope to have you with us again. You will always have a home in Discovery Suites.

Reviewed 5 July 2012

The Serendipity Suites were just lovely. We loved the big rooms, beautiful bathrooms, great modern kitchen. Everything was new and immaculately clean. Other amenities like the gym and pool were great. However, my one complaint is the breakfast. Everyone who stays in a hotel looks forward to this meal and sadly, the breakfast was disappointing. I remember my previous stay when breakfast was on the 22nd floor - it was fantastic! This time aside from the buffet having a small selection, I found the breads dry and stale, the fruits tasteless, the tapa, longganisa too oily, the rice overcooked and dry. There was no variety - same banana bread everyday, same watermelon, pineapple, papaya... How about getting new suppliers for bread and fruit? I stayed in the hotel for 10 days, so my observations are not based on a one or two day experience. Food and Beverage should look into this matter seriously. Hey, a good breakfast is simple to organise. Please, please improve your breakfast and your hotel will be just perfect!!!!

Room Tip: For a little extra choose the newly refurbished Serendipity Suites.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 16 July 2012

Dear aaz2082,

Greetings from Discovery Suites.

We truly appreciate the time you spent to let us know about your stay with us.

You will be happy to know that our kitchen team is currently working on adding more variety to our breakfast selections.

Regarding our guest lifts, we expect the situation to improve significantly once maintenance work on one of the elevators is complete.

Thank you for staying with us and we trust that you will give us the privilege of providing for your accommodations when you return to Manila.

Reviewed 27 June 2012

Stayed here from 24th June to 30th June. It was in close proximity with seminar venue I'm attending.

Positive points:
1. Very clean room. Only complaint was that the TV channels in my room was not functioning properly.
2. Close walking distance to The Podium and SM Megamall. McDonalds, Starbucks and a 7-11 outlet was within 5 minutes walking distance from the hotel.
3. Very courteous hotel staff.

Negative points:
1. Rather small breakfast venue at the 5th floor. Heavy crowd between 7am to 8am. Service crew was rather slow in clearing the tables.
2. Lifts are a bit slow during peak hours, but this is a minor issue for me.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 29 June 2012

Dear aaz2082,

Greetings from Discovery Suites!

We truly appreciate the time you spent to let us know about your stay with us.

Reviewed 27 June 2012

This hotel is beautiful tower located on the center of the city. Almost everything is at walking distance: restaurants, banks, coffee... My office was right around the corner which made it even easier. They have a gym a swimmimg pool and good food with several restaurants and areas you can meet with people on. The rooms were very well maintained. Many details. Only bad thing was that free wifi was not included inside the bedrooms. But we managed with the free wifi of the hall way and the other areas.

Room Tip: Since this is such amazing tower... The great thing about it is to get the bedrooms located on the higher floors.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Vielka M
Discovery_Leisure_Co, Manager at Discovery Suites Manila, Philippines, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2012

Dear Kiko D,

Thanks so much for letting us know about your experience at Discovery Suites. I hope you and your family enjoyed your brief stay in Manila. Let us know if you are coming back and stay at our newly-renovated Serendipity Suites.

Cheers!

David

Reviewed 5 June 2012

I have been consistenly staying at Discovery Suites while on business in Manila since May of 2009 and won't even consider another location at this point. To date, I have stayed there about 150 nights and I can tell you that everything about Discovery is first class. The suites are spacious, well appointed, very clean and nicely decorated. The breakfast buffet is wonderful and thankfully they rotate the selections on a daily basis and the staff at Restaraunt 5 is always cheerful and attentive. For me, the very best part of Discovery Suites is the fact that you are treated like a member of the family - I am always greeted by name each and every day on my way to work and again upon my return...a very nice and welcome touch when being so far away from home. I even recall one trip where I was greeted by a personalized "Wecome Home" banner upon checking into my suite!

Discovery also offers excellent meeting facilities and will gladly work with you to accomdate your specific needs. I've hosted several dinners there for my local office staff and have never been disappointed. The 4th floor gym is well equipped with a nice mix of new machines, and free weights along with a helpful staff.

The location is great for shopping, dining, etc...with The Podium and Mega Mall literally across the street along with a nice mix of restaurants next door within El Pueblo.

Looking forward to returning to Discovery Suites again soon :)

Room Tip: If you are working nights and want a dark, quite room to help you sleep during the noisy Ortigas days, request a room on one of the sides, away from the from the front or back face of the building...a room ending 04 is a good choice.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Discovery_Leisure_Co, Manager at Discovery Suites Manila, Philippines, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2012

Dear Bradley C,

Your post made our day! Thank you very much for sharing with us your thoughts about Discovery Suites. We aim to please and it is always nice for the staff to know that their hardwork does not go unnoticed. Allow me to share this with the Discovery Team, and when you find yourself back in the Philippines, please remember that you will always have us to come home to.